Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few pictures from yesterday in the park

49751921872c0c6909cez.jpg

4975346043_88ecbfc32d_z.jpg

4972517797_1000b8e28e_z.jpg

Last edited:
One of my favorite State Parks. I love it there! The second one is my favorite. All are clean and sharp. The first has a dark shadow top left corner.

Thank you for the walk down memory lane and the nostalgia. It's been a long time since I've been home. It's as beautiful as ever. (sigh)

One of my favorite State Parks. I love it there! The second one is my favorite. All are clean and sharp. The first has a dark shadow top left corner.

Thanks for the feedback. I tried to bring out the shadows a little more in the waterfall shot. I also cropped the shadows a bit, but it feels a little too cramped. Not sure about it.

4975446535_a6bd419955_z.jpg

Last edited:
It seems like"dare I say" a good shot to use Hdr. The waterfall is a little blown out and of course as been mentioned, there are shadows to dark. Nice and sharp.

It is easy to see the enormity of the falls in the first photo.

I love all of them. :thumbup: They are so beautifully sharp and very interesting to look at (the lighting conditions are awesome).
Do you mind telling about equipment that you used and time of the day they were shot?

I love all of them. :thumbup: They are so beautifully sharp and very interesting to look at (the lighting conditions are awesome).
Do you mind telling about equipment that you used and time of the day they were shot?

Thanks for the compliment. I just used a D40 and a tripod for the shots. No filters were necessary. The waterfall was shot during the morning as the sun cleared the canyon walls and hit the falls for the first time and I used my 55-200mm lens for that shot. The rainbow over the canyon was a mid afternoon shot after a storm cleared (just lucky timing) and I used my 18-55mm lens. The steam vent was shot about an hour before sunset, also with the 18-55mm. Hope that helps.

Wonderful images...they make me want to visit (and I will one day!).

The second image really stands out for me. I love the rainbow and the river going through the canyon.

The other two images are nice as well, but they dont have the same impact as the second. The mist in the first makes part of the image look out of focus of just odd. The third has great colours and detail, but not much going on that is interesting.

Looking forward to more of your posts

where is Yogi !?

2 is wallpaper material. nice work on all. only thing id say is in the top left of number one you have some dark shadow id minimize.

the 2nd is very cool.. that's my fav of the 3 of them. 1st is great, one of those rare occassions when NOT slowing down the water worked out, good job, really shows how ferocious and strong that waterfall is.
the third is ok but i think that unless you have actually been to yellowstone it just dosn't tell a story, you need to be familiar with the park to appreciate it

Mike

http://www.michaelleggero.com

The first two shots are PERFECT!! just love them both. Maybe I'm being so picky, but I think there are a couple of dust spots just above the rainbow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back