What's new

Yes, no, maybe so?

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
654
Reaction score
76
Location
Yakima, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Having gone back to the t3i after returning the Mark III, I'm left struggling with my night photography. I've decided that going for starless nights doesn't work well if I want the foreground lit up. These photos are from a couple nights ago. The moon was at about 3/4 full. Of course, this means that the stars weren't nearly as many as on a new moon, but it lit up the scenery nicely. What do you think?

I realize the star trails shot could have been longer, but the date I was with was getting cold :)


Tipsoo Trails by RxForB3, on Flickr


Tipsoo Lake by RxForB3, on Flickr
 
Here's another couple shots that I didn't necessarily want to post on my flickr page, but I thought I'd get some critiques on these, too. I realize the positioning isn't all that great with the plants in the way, but this was a first date, so I was trying to spend more time focusing on her, and less on the pictures :)

$IMG_1653.webp

I think we were moving a bit too much...oh well. It's the price you pay :)

$IMG_1651.webp
 
The Mark III was amazing and had several features I appreciated for my favorite style of photography (night landscapes) but that alone didn't justify the cost to me. Plus, I got wind of the new canons that will be/may be coming out that might be a better fit for me at a safer price point and better financial time for me.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom