yes the person is out of focus, and?

:) i look forward to your comments abraxis . . .

also, if i came off as rude shorty i didn't mean to.

and traveler i see where your coming from now . . . and will take it as a lesson as to always take credit for whatever happens in the future, lol!

no, i'm not wrong because it was an opinion, and i should be entitled to that. and i know it may not be right of me to not like a photo as much because there was no intent on blurryness, thats just how i felt about it, and no matter what you said, i would still feel however i wanted about it, i told you I liked the photo, and i read that you had some purpose behind the man being blurry, and thats why i like it. if you HADNT meant to do that, i would have sort of felt like you were being lazy or somethign for not bothering to check the focus or anything. I really dont want to argue about this, i've said what i needed to say, and thats just my opinion, take it or leave it....

:) ... comments abraxis . . .

newrmdmick,

When I first seen the shot I figured it would be more appropriate in the general gallery. After thinking about it though, this is probably the best place for it.

I liked the shot initially. The guy in it reminds me of an uncle of mine, a jack-of-all-trades kind of guy- No plan, but a hell of a survivor.

The tilt was first kind of buggy to me, and the blurry face, I think both of these elements reminded me of one of my favorite movies, Jacob's Ladder; an intriguing and disturbing saga of one man's journey sinking through variations of hell and hallucination. BTW, I watched it with my grandson yesterday against the recommendations of my ex-daughter-in-law, that it would "mess with his head." It did (is).

So anyhow, the shot has some nice mechanical/technical elements that lead me around it. The tilt left in, well, that makes the shot a bit more- My uncle's will to survive takes priority over plumbing. Looks like that's the case here. I bet the guy does pretty good work, although it may be slightly off square.

I like that the shot got me to thinking. That lasts longer than analyzing a photo by numbers. I even left the accidental tilt in one of my structual shots. Apparently I've been influenced. I should mention though, when I did post it (...?) the first comment I recieved, was that, "it needs squaring up." I figured- so?

Nice work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back