Yesteray Evening (c&c)

Imran

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys
I am new to photography and started learning manual mode in my camera
Posting few snaps took yesterday evening.

I am getting confused on what the shutter speed and aperture needs to set with respect to the subject i am handling. I am exploring myself much on this.

Always when i set my shutter speed more than 1/1000 (to capture the image crisp) the whole image gets darker (even setting the ISO to 1600)

Please advise
IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

Thanks
-Imran
Flickr: learn4good's Photostream

I am a noob at this as well and I am trying to lean to shoot night photos.... here is a video on how to shoot the moon... [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dng0JmMtjC8&playnext_from=TL&videos=oXY7lcYnzRc[/ame] that guy has a bunch of great videos for a beginner to learn from. Hope that helps some:thumbup:

I have not seen the video above but coincidentally I had a go at the moon last night as well for the first time.

My specs to get this shot.

Tripod to stabilise camera, hand held at this focal length is almost impossible.

Shutter speed : 1/160th
ISO: 100
Aperture: /f7.1
Lens: Canon 300mm F4 L USM
Kenko 1.4x Pro DGX Teleconverter
Canon 500D
Shot in RAW
Live View on (doubles as mirror lock up?), focus preset manually.
Remote shutter release, I did as much as I could to stablise the shot at every point of the process.

300testmoon.jpg

Your specs from the first image.

Camera Maker: Canon
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS
Image Date: 2010:06:23 18:56:09
Focal Length: 100.0mm
Digital Zoom: 2.500x
Aperture: f/5.7
Exposure Time: 0.100 s (1/10)
ISO equiv: 200
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Manual
Flash Fired: No
Color Space: sRGB

It doesnt look to me like the atmosphere was clear, it looks hazy, could be a trick of the very bright moon though.

My advice to you would be watch that video ( as I said I have not watched it but this guy usually has some really good advice), shoot only when the air is haze/cloud free, after a good storm or rain would be best in theory, cleans the air and low pressure helps too I think.

Stabilise that camera use self timer to make sure the camera is dead still when the shutter is released, shoot manually, larger aperture 5-8 perhaps.
Keep the ISO as low as possible.
Use the fastest shutter speed possible without increasing your ISO.
Underexpose slighlty.
Check that the camera is actually focussing correctly.

Keep trying, best way to learn.

It almost looks like when you have the A/C on and at a cold temp them go outside, like with glasses or a camera and everything instantly gets fogged up. But could be hazy.

I refuse to watch the video posted above. The guy is shooting with a canon.

When you set your shutter speed beyond 1/1000, do you have the right aperture available? Maybe yo've gone beyond the largest aperture on your lens?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back