Yet another actor/model headshot

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems that actors and model headshots have become my life, and I'm definitely not complaining about it. Amara is a returning customer who is also a housemate; her agent requested that she get a headshot that was vibrant, happy and eye-catching.

I used a single Neewer C300 flash unit with a soft box attached, shot using a Canon 5D with a Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens attached.
_MG_6718.jpg

I feel like the vibrant red background and bright white top are fighting for my attention and overshadowing the model. I love your work, but this time my eyes are having a hard time staying on target.

I like the color variations in the red background. I feel like the variation in color in the background adds a lot of visual interest, as opposed to say a solid red non-varied background color.

Too realistic?

No, just too shiny - not glare per se, just a bit too much shine on forehead and cheeks.

I feel like the vibrant red background and bright white top are fighting for my attention and overshadowing the model. I love your work, but this time my eyes are having a hard time staying on target.
I appreciate the feedback.

I like the color variations in the red background. I feel like the variation in color in the background adds a lot of visual interest, as opposed to say a solid red non-varied background color.
I do as well. Thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back