What's new

Yet Another Fallen Soldier

Chris Stegner

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
481
Reaction score
2
Location
Ft. Thomas, KY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've seen a few of these in the past few days and thought I'd throw these into the mix. This funeral also had the Motorcycle Guards (about 500 of them). It was a very moving day and I had planned on doing a whole gallery on this service but no time. Here are 2 images I quickly edited though.

Hope you enjoy, and as usual, comment welcome.

Maupin.jpg


Maupin-2.jpg
 
I like the shine and color in the hearse in the first one.
The baseball hat is kind of odd.

Who are the motorcycle guards?
 
I strongly dislike selective coloring, but for some reason its not so bad here. It really helps you focus on the American flag inside the hearse on the first one. Good work.
 
The guy in the Baseball Hat is Matt Maupin's father (the soldier). Do a Google search on the Maupin family, he's a neat guy.

The Motorcycle Guard is a group of motorcyclist that help out a military funerals. They are military, ex-military and civilian riders. They helped out with protesters at this funeral. Here's a shot of two of them (part of a line of about 100) the very politely turned their backs on some protesters (in the background). Very moving day indeed.

Maupin-3.jpg


Maupin-4.jpg
 
The Motorcycle Guard is a group of motorcyclist that help out a military funerals. They are military, ex-military and civilian riders. They helped out with protesters at this funeral. Here's a shot of two of them (part of a line of about 100) the very politely turned their backs on some protesters (in the background). Very moving day indeed.

The people in the background are members of the WBC- how awful that this family had to endure the picketing during the services, but it's good that the Motorcycle Guard was there. They are truly providing a great service to families like this.

These pictures are very powerful and moving- I love the selective colouring you did, I think it really worked well.
 
The people in the background are members of the WBC- how awful that this family had to endure the picketing during the services, but it's good that the Motorcycle Guard was there. They are truly providing a great service to families like this.

These pictures are very powerful and moving- I love the selective colouring you did, I think it really worked well.

Westboro Baptist Church? Those people are creeps.
 
Westboro Baptist Church? Those people are creeps.

You're telling me! They recently showed up in my hometown to picket a memorial service held at the local college for three students who had died in a house fire. They had signs like "God's Wrath" with a picture of a burning house. It was terrible, but the students present actually banded together against them and the WBC was forced to leave by a police escort.

They basically hate everything and everyone, which is why they constantly show up at the funerals of soldiers. What a terrible way to live.
 
LOVE the second one
 
P.S.

I would avoid talking about religios thoughts here, wouldnt want any of you guys getting in trouble
 
All really nice. The selective color thing is a neat effect, particularly with the american flag. Have you thought about not having the tail lights red on that second pic? Seemed to distract from the american flag being colored.

What was your process on this anyway? Did you layer the colored portions over B&W or...?
 
All really nice. The selective color thing is a neat effect, particularly with the american flag. Have you thought about not having the tail lights red on that second pic? Seemed to distract from the american flag being colored.

What was your process on this anyway? Did you layer the colored portions over B&W or...?

I was just about to say the same thing... The photos are very touching (being a grandson of a WWII vet buried with honors), these sent goosebumps up my spine.:thumbup::thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom