Jetlee
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Aug 2, 2010
- Messages
- 4
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Australia
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
__________________________________________________
Hi guys
I am looking at upgrading from a compact due to a whole bunch of dissapointing pictures on a recent O/S trip.
Plenty of camera shops have pushed the micro 4/3rds and reckon there isnt much difference in comparision to an slr in the same price range.
Camera's i am looking at:
Lumix g1, g2, g10
Sony nex3 or nex 5 ( no i aint a fan boy)
Samsung NX10
Canon D500, D550 or Nikon equivilant
If i get a Canon or Nikon i would take the step up instead of getting just the entry level "C" 1000d or "N" d3000
Things to take into consideration:
Cost - must be under $1500 australian
Size & Weight - My G/F will use this mostly so these attributes matter
Style - once again its got to appeal to a female also
Lense - Not looking at upgrading from the standard lense offered (2 max)
Features - I am after HD video and the panarama mode on the Sony looks good. I understand entry level cameras dont have HD video??
Things that don't matter: touch screen, adjustable screen, 20 different types of lense and flashes and all the bells and whistles
Take into account i don't know what ISO, aperture, noise, raw, 18mm-135mm mean and to some extent i dont really care.
Now i know i am gonna get a lot of heat for contemplating the Micro 4/3 and the Sony and i know they are not true dslrs. I like the them due to the size and weight and i can carry this around as an every day camera too. I know most wouldn't recommend these but due to size, weight & look i may be sucked in. But seriously: should these camera's be an option for a begginner with no aspiration to become the world next top photographer?
Thanks for your time
Hi guys
I am looking at upgrading from a compact due to a whole bunch of dissapointing pictures on a recent O/S trip.
Plenty of camera shops have pushed the micro 4/3rds and reckon there isnt much difference in comparision to an slr in the same price range.
Camera's i am looking at:
Lumix g1, g2, g10
Sony nex3 or nex 5 ( no i aint a fan boy)
Samsung NX10
Canon D500, D550 or Nikon equivilant
If i get a Canon or Nikon i would take the step up instead of getting just the entry level "C" 1000d or "N" d3000
Things to take into consideration:
Cost - must be under $1500 australian
Size & Weight - My G/F will use this mostly so these attributes matter
Style - once again its got to appeal to a female also
Lense - Not looking at upgrading from the standard lense offered (2 max)
Features - I am after HD video and the panarama mode on the Sony looks good. I understand entry level cameras dont have HD video??
Things that don't matter: touch screen, adjustable screen, 20 different types of lense and flashes and all the bells and whistles
Take into account i don't know what ISO, aperture, noise, raw, 18mm-135mm mean and to some extent i dont really care.
Now i know i am gonna get a lot of heat for contemplating the Micro 4/3 and the Sony and i know they are not true dslrs. I like the them due to the size and weight and i can carry this around as an every day camera too. I know most wouldn't recommend these but due to size, weight & look i may be sucked in. But seriously: should these camera's be an option for a begginner with no aspiration to become the world next top photographer?
Thanks for your time
Last edited: