Yet another...pt.2

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
Here's another in my latest attempts to try new pictures. Let me have it and I can stop taking these kinds of risks. :D

205.jpg

Would have worked better for me if the bars were true verticle - you know you can rotate it in photoshop but you'll have to crop a little off - which in this case shouldn't matter much.

However, that's just me and I am known to be far to formal with my photos.

That must be what's been troubling my eye - it's not straight in the frame. I like this concept, although not certain if the number plate has any particular significance. And good DOF here, too. :D

Personally I think this picture fits best not being completely strait.

I've been trying to do something similar for 9/11 memorial but the house numbers here in Norway usually don't go further then 200 and even that is unusual. What I had in mind was exactly like your's but the number would be 911.

terri said:
That must be what's been troubling my eye - it's not straight in the frame. :D

This doesn't even bother me. I've finally become accustomed to seeing architecture through wide angle lenses.

rotating wouldn't help much... since the picture is distorted. notice the right hand bar is at a different angle than the left hand one.

i think i would like it better of the distortion looked more purposeful, or if it was dead straight.

the straighten version with contrast adjusted is pretty much better!

hobbes28 said:
Thanks Jonmikal!!! That does look much better. I have so much more to learn about PS. So little time.

you'll do fine. PS is trial and error....trust me! i just sit and play til i see what i like. and that's what important; what "you" like. this forum is full of opinions...some you like and some you don't. hell, i submit stuff that i think is the image of all time (LOL) and don't even get a response. doesn't matter, i like it!

i cant wait to see more of your work!!!!!!! keep 'em coming!

Most reactions

Back