Yeti DOES exist

yeti

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I found this forum a week ago. I've been giving some of you a hard time with weird questions. I read that it is a good idea for every member to introduce himself here, so here I am.

You want to know about me: I am a professional software developer. The software I write, unfortunately, has nothing to do with photography, or even image manipulation. I also have a background in electrical engineering, physics etc. That said, to me a digital camera is basically just another computer and I have an idea what each feature is, how it's implemented etc, but only from an engineering perspective.

I've been taking pictures most of my life, but only intermittently. I am _NOT_ a pro at this, I wouldn't even say that I am good at it. I don't have a tutor to show me how to do stuff, so all my learning happens by trial and error, as well as by reading. This has been a hobby of mine for quite a while, so I would like to know more about it.

You guys are amazing: you take all this stuff and turn it into art and I would like to know how to do that myself. I am hoping to keep asking my weird questions, get answers that explain things, and eventually to post some of my better pictures here hoping to get some professional advise.

How I ended up here: So far, I've been using point and shoot cameras and I've been frustrated with most of them. My last one was a fairly high-end HP camera with Carl Zeiss optics, which looked great on paper, but had a low-quality CCD and was really slow because of all the noise filtering it had to do with every shot. (HP, stick to printers!) A few weeks ago it died at a really really bad moment and I had to get another one on the spot to replace it. I decided to go for something I know is really good. This is my first SLR, a Canon Digital Rebel XTi, and before that I hadn't even handled an SLR. Right now I am still learning how to use it. I read the manuals, but I needed some more know-how, so I Googled a forum and here I am.

OP
Y

yeti

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
hairier :)

Doug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Hello and Welcome to the forum, I too am picking up much information from others here and have learned quite a bit. I just started reading a book entitled Understanding Exposure, It was recomended in the beginers section of the forum. I would suggest you check it out.

OP
Y

yeti

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Yes, I noticed. I need to order it first, though.

Thanks!

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Glad to have you aboard, Yeti. Welcome.

Most reactions

New Topics