Yo! A new member arrives...

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there everyone..

Just stumbled on this forum a couple days ago and just joined.

I've been shooting for several years now and enjoying the experience. I started in 2nd year in college with my father's borrowed Minolta. Really just shooting outings with my college pals nothing really special. Over the next few years I discovered how much fun it is to focus on the photography aspect. Finally returned my fathers camera ( borrowed for almost 3 years... lol ) and purchased my own after moving to NJ from TX.

I mostly shoot outdoor and anything that catches my eye. On many occasions, I find myself jumping into my convertible, dropping the top, and driving around aimlessly enjoying the sights through the lense of my camera. Half the fun is getting lost and discovering something new.

My list of goodies:
Canon Elan IIe
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon 22-55mm f4-5.6
Tameron 35-105mm f2.8
Canon 75-300mm f4-5.6

I am also new to digital photography and love experimenting with the new technology. Last year, I got a Sony U10 1.3 megapix camera as a gift. Tiny little thing with no zoom but small enough to take around with me. Some of my best shots was taken unexpectedly with this tiny camera. Its true.... always carry a camera. Last month, I picked up a used Canon D30. Another step into digital...

Hi there Usayit, welcome aboard!
Have you had the top down on your convertible in the last week (apart from in the garage that is)?

Actually... Yes....

I absolutely love driving with the top down. If I could get away with a thick jacket and some gloves, I'll go with the top down. The hardtop went on this week... just after my last ride got a little too chilly and I was forced to put the top back up. We have been experiencing 50-60 mph winds lately which makes for a serious wind chill. Fortunately, it takes two people a few seconds to remove the hard top. So, I can always change my mind.

Here's a pic of "Hawk's Nest" with some of my buddies out in front. Wife took the pic and unfortunately came out a little dark. Someday, I'm going to get a better pic of that road.

34972387.jpg

Nothing that a little photoshop couldn't cure!
Looks darn good anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back