Yongnuo 565 vs 568 Wireless TTL compatibilty with 60d

Tiller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I've been looking for a while now, and I can't find a definitive answer to my question. I've got the 60d and want to use it both on and off camera wirelessly. I'm going to be buying from thephotogadget.com and thats where I run into trouble.

The 565 says it's TTL Master/Commander compatible including the 60d. Here's the link to that page: http://thephotogadget.com/content/yongnuo-yn-565ex-wireless-ttl-flash-canon

But...

The 568 says it's NOT wirelessly TTL compatible with the 60d And the link to that page: http://thephotogadget.com/content/yongnuo-yn568ex-high-speed-sync-flash-canon-free-diffuser-cap

Am I on the right track here? I'm a little confused why the newer version wouldn't support what the older version did. I'd like HSS but its not a huge deal. The biggest deal is I need it to work with the infrared on the 60d without having to buy wires/cables/triggers/etc...

Thanks, Tyler

Oops, wrong place sorry. Could a mod could please move this to Lighting & Hardware?

Hey guys, I've been looking for a while now, and I can't find a definitive answer to my question. I've got the 60d and want to use it both on and off camera wirelessly. I'm going to be buying from thephotogadget.com and thats where I run into trouble.

The 565 says it's TTL Master/Commander compatible including the 60d. Here's the link to that page: Yongnuo YN-565EX Wireless TTL Flash for Canon | ThePhotoGadget.com

But...

The 568 says it's NOT wirelessly TTL compatible with the 60d And the link to that page: Yongnuo YN568EX High-Speed Sync Flash for Canon With Free Diffuser Cap | ThePhotoGadget.com

Am I on the right track here? I'm a little confused why the newer version wouldn't support what the older version did. I'd like HSS but its not a huge deal. The biggest deal is I need it to work with the infrared on the 60d without having to buy wires/cables/triggers/etc...

Thanks, Tyler

Hi Tyler,

Have you found answer for this :) I'm also looking in to this ...

Hey, yes it's wirelessly compatible. I've been using the 568 with my 60d for around 2 months with no problems.

Most reactions

Back