Yosemite National Park

Trever1t

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I live 4 hours from here, go every year on Father's Day weekend on the Harley. Not much of a hiker anymore so my views are limited (well there's just so much more I'm not getting images of) and I thought I'd shake it up a little with some HDR. How'd I do?

1) By the Tunnel

Vally View III-2 by WSG Photography, on Flickr

2) A view from the side of the road...down low

Sky Scrape by WSG Photography, on Flickr

3)

Meadowland by WSG Photography, on Flickr

4) A short walk to the riverside.

Along the River by WSG Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like them a lot, especially 1 and 3. Good job on all of them. I have never seen hdrs of yosemite and you Did a nice job.
I've been wanting to go there and check it out.

I normally like overcooked HDR's, but my jury is still out on these. I'll look at them once and hate them, then I'll look at them ten minutes later and love them.

The sky and clouds seem to go from blue and white to black and white, so that's a bit of an issue for me.

Compositionally, these are good. The shot taken from Tunnel View is particularly nice, I think. But, even for me, you might've overdone the processing a bit.

I dunno'... I'm on the fence...

Thanks for the comments.

They were processed using ACR->Photomatix->LR4->CS/NIK->LR

Most of the "cooking" is done in the steps after the merge. ;)

I'm iffy about the first one as it has nice color and balance (not sure about the blue/black and white sky). The other 3, I guess I'm just used to seeing the park a specific way, so I'm not so thrilled about them.

I will post some standard single frame images later in another thread. HDR isn't for everyone but it's fun to play with and I enjoy it. I think my favorite is #4 with the foreground clutter.

I will post some standard single frame images later in another thread. HDR isn't for everyone but it's fun to play with and I enjoy it. I think my favorite is #4 with the foreground clutter.

I agree with you.. I love to play around with it. I did a post of one of the halls outside of the Lincoln memorial here in Wash DC. I put it through Photomatix and I loved how it turned out, others, not so much. Remeber, it's all about "your" vision.

Some places should not be fooled with :)
i like #1 but the rest are too overdone for me. Yosemite is 1 of my favorite places, and lucky you going every year!
Nice shots tho,
N

The harsh processing of the sky and other elements in the photograph steals from the strong lines of the mountains.

The harsh processing of the sky and other elements in the photograph steals from the strong lines of the mountains.

I agree. It's like you are making the post processing the subject in the image and not the actual scene in front of the camera.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back