You don't see these much

steve817

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
3435966%3B23232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D965%3D%3B34%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B%3B4579%3C8ot1lsi

Komodo Dragon at the San Antonio Zoo

They run wild here and the city is getting overrun with them - the city fathers are trying to figure out how to capture/eliminate them.... pretty funny to see one walking across your yard....

Beautiful creature!!! Where do you live SWFLA1 that they are running across your yard? South West Florida? Anyway, I love reptiles. Between us; I would love to wrestle one of these guys.

Yup - Cape Coral, Florida....apparently some years ago, they were let loose and have multiplied incredibly. Now, they are out of control and running free...

are you sure they are komodo dragons running around in florida? i thought they were extremely rare and only lived free in africa....

md

Indonesia actually...

Komodo dragons live on four southeastern Indonesian islands in the Lesser Sunda region: Flores, Gili Motang, Komodo and Rinca.
Male length: Commonly up to 9 feet (2.75 m) long, including tail, although the record is slightly over 10 feet (3 m).

Male weight: An exceptionally large male can weigh as much as 550 pounds (250 kg) after a large meal (about half that on an empty stomach).

Females tend to be shorter and weigh less: up to 7.5 feet (2.3 m) long, and up to 150 pounds (67.5 kg).

yeah i completely didnt even see where that animal planet guy was when he was right next to those komodo's. sorry.

i was waiting on big mike aka "the lizard king" to come by and shed some light!!!!

md

wooooooops....... not komodo's.... they're monitor lizards... sorry about that....

Most reactions

Back