You don't see this very often!

Were you looking for a critique of the photos or just wanted to show your happy snaps? Why put these in photojournalism and sports as they are neither.

Were you looking for a critique of the photos or just wanted to show your happy snaps? Why put these in photojournalism and sports as they are neither.

SACRILEGE! Gymnastic not a sport?
chillpill2.jpg

Last edited:

The OP has a total of 24 posts. Maybe you could lighten up a little, and not be such an azz.

She posted photos, I made a comment, was she looking for critique on her posted photos. It was that simple. Are they sports/photojournalism? simple question. I didn't say anything negative about the photos at all, what was to lighten up on? I didn't say anything about the photos other than the choice of posting location.

Perhaps posting in the just for fun or general gallery would have been the right place.

You don't bother me because I get the "baton twirling is not a sport" all the time. It's nothing new. They are SPORTS photography and people post stuff like motorcross all the time. Thought it might be nice to see something different. Comment if you so choose on my photography, doesn't bother me.

The only person you hurt with your negative attitude is yourself. Thanks to everyone else who was quick to my defense :)

tumblr_ldy7r5TXg21qd9x6to1_400.gif

Sorry, but I just had to. Derrel is right though.

tumblr_ldy7r5TXg21qd9x6to1_400.gif

Sorry, but I just had to. Derrel is right though.

Well we are starting to get used to imagemakers periods time

Well nubs, sorry I'm a Boston fan. Seems that the Canadians that play for Boston may have had something to do with the cup win, Tim Thomas being only 1 of the 3 Americans on the team.. As for the morons in Vancouver well I wasn't too surprised, they embarrased more than just Vancouver with the stupidity they displayed. As for all the other shots back at me, well no big deal. Spinning a baton does take skill, especially when it is at the elite level, I admire the skills involved, I just don't think it's a sport.

KBM1016 Did you want a critique of your pictures? I'd be more than happy to be truthful.

Both could use a tighter crop, it would eliminate the very busy backgrounds. Shooting in a gym like this will almost always present you with poor backgrounds unless you can move into a position that allows for a cleaner one. Most amateurs and quite a few professionals don't look past the subject to the background, and the end result is nearly always the same. The second one is a little crooked, try and keep the horizon lines straight. It doesn't take much to change a amateur looking image into a better one, usually very minor details are overlooked.

Well nubs, sorry I'm a Boston fan. Seems that the Canadians that play for Boston may have had something to do with the cup win, Tim Thomas being only 1 of the 3 Americans on the team.. As for the morons in Vancouver well I wasn't too surprised, they embarrased more than just Vancouver with the stupidity they displayed. As for all the other shots back at me, well no big deal. Spinning a baton does take skill, especially when it is at the elite level, I admire the skills involved, I just don't think it's a sport.

KBM1016 Did you want a critique of your pictures? I'd be more than happy to be truthful.

I would class it as dance

Most reactions

Back