You gotta be kiddin me

A guy I went to school with had arthritis in both his knees. Apparently he's got some MI5 style spy job now. He probably pushes paper. :mrgreen:

What kind of models do you build?

Fairly standard 1:25 scale cars and trucks

http://www.photo-lucidity.com/pic-63.html

http://www.photo-lucidity.com/pic-64.html

http://www.photo-lucidity.com/pic-579.html

The green truck on the upper corner of the last one is my favorite one and I am dismantiling it and fixing some flaws, I did that one back in 2000.

A guy I went to school with had arthritis in both his knees. Apparently he's got some MI5 style spy job now. He probably pushes paper. :mrgreen:

My knees are not all that great, I messed them up good by getting hit by a car few years ago, but they are not arthridic just not what they used to be.

Battou, I hope someone will be able to come up with some relief for you then! If I were in your shoes, I'd suffer, too, and think it is unfair to be put into the "feeling old" category because of that. I'm 48 now and can still put my flat hand onto the floor with my knees straight... My dad's going on 78 and having arthritis in his knees, and he, too, feels it is unfair to make him suffer so, but fortunately it does not affect him too much when he's out on his bike (racer bike, not motor bike), only when he has to climb the stairs up to his apartment does he feel it a lot.

But, as you are saying, arthritis at 78 somehow sounds "normal", but not at 26 when you are only at the beginning of things!

Fairly standard 1:25 scale cars and trucks

Cool, i'm a model builder myself, I pretty much build every genre though. I don't wanna hijack your thread though, so PM me if you're interested in seeing some stuff... sorry to hear about your arthritis. I'm 34 and have pains myself, but I think it's mostly from having a desk job.

Battou, I hope someone will be able to come up with some relief for you then! If I were in your shoes, I'd suffer, too, and think it is unfair to be put into the "feeling old" category because of that. I'm 48 now and can still put my flat hand onto the floor with my knees straight... My dad's going on 78 and having arthritis in his knees, and he, too, feels it is unfair to make him suffer so, but fortunately it does not affect him too much when he's out on his bike (racer bike, not motor bike), only when he has to climb the stairs up to his apartment does he feel it a lot.

But, as you are saying, arthritis at 78 somehow sounds "normal", but not at 26 when you are only at the beginning of things!

I don't know a whole lot about arthritis but, It is semi normal I believe, as years go by the joints in the body ware and tear like everything else under normal use as time goes by things go bad.

My father was in his early sixties when he passed away but I do remember there where times he would be literally bedridden due to arthritis pain. Sadly there really is no relief other than maybe some pain killers as mine is the result of past injury as opposed to normal ware and tear on joints and it's only going to get worse.

Cool, i'm a model builder myself, I pretty much build every genre though. I don't wanna hijack your thread though, so PM me if you're interested in seeing some stuff... sorry to hear about your arthritis. I'm 34 and have pains myself, but I think it's mostly from having a desk job.

Actually this is the second time I have come across this, I'll just start a thread in Creative corner for all to discuss their model building stuffs

What I hear people say who suffer (a friend of mine does, too, she's 50) is to try and move the joint as often and as much and as "softly" as can be, like that friend of mine is in the swimming pool almost every day, not doing any hard swimming but moving about in the warm water of the kiddies' pool. It gives her great relief, albeit no CURE. But relief. The humid heat of an indoors pool helps, too, even in moments when she is not in the water (she works as a swimming instructor for beginners, see?).
And my dad moves his knees as often as he can! Just so he does not get rusty. He also says: as soon as you REST an arthritic joint, it will become ALL stiff, and to move out of THAT is HARDEST.

Seems like it is a genetic thing for you then? What with your dad suffering badly? Hmm-hmm-hmm. Sounds bad. Stay positive, is all I can say now.

Seems like it is a genetic thing for you then? What with your dad suffering badly? Hmm-hmm-hmm. Sounds bad. Stay positive, is all I can say now.

What I have now is trauma indused, I will likely face a genetic form of it later on but for now all I can blame is my own stupididity as a kid.

Lol, There is nothing to worry about. I'm not a sword weilding madman, I don't draw my sword without a good reason.

This begs the question.... define good reason :pirate:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back