You'll probably find this rubbish, but...

TamiyaGuy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a picture of Louis Hamilton's F1 car at this year's GoodWood Festival of Speed. Bearing in mind I have a Fuji A210 compact camera, the pixels are 'used' very badly in this camera, it was raining, the car was moving at over 100 MPH, the camera has very limited manual functions (kind of, none), and there was a bunch of other guys, I think this isn't that bad. You'll probably find this absolutely rubbish, but feel free to edit it. Just remember who stood in the freezing rain for ages to get the picture in the first place :greenpbl:

6271i8m.jpg

Heheh... No, not really. I've just pointed the camera that way. I think the track was a hill-climb one, but it wasn't noticable. Come to think of it, the camera tilt was pretty accidental as well. Cool, but accidental. I just had to move the camera along with the car. Stupid exposure....

The track is a hillclimb, but at the section where you took that photo there was little or no gradient.

I too was at the festival, but as i was flying over from Ireland I didn't bring my DSLR, as it took up too much room and also i was afraid of it getting drenched. I've a few shots from my point and shoot i might put up later though!

ummm . . . if it were mine, i could crop in a bit tighter, and loose the croud in the foreground. rotate it so its level, increase saturation.

but i don't think its rubbish, not a bad handheld pan with a pns !

This isn't rubbish at all... It takes talent to be able to pan (talent that I don't have). The edit looks good that how I envision the shot. Great shot. Just needed a little tweaking.

Yeah, good shot, panning, in the rain, and of a bloody quick car! Take my word for it! Im liking the crop :D. Ive nto made a Goodwood trip yet, but its on my to do list.

Thanks for all the support! And I loved the edit as well. Just a little question: what software do you use to rotate it? Paint must be useless, and I find the GIMP a little complex for this stuff. I'll probably be able to do it, I just can't be bothered :p. And you guys are right, I should have cropped it a little, but that was just a "straight from the card" shot.

Most reactions

Back