Young girl at Mc Donald in Macau

Gavjenks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The strong vertical of the window frame on the left I find to be rather distracting. I think this would be easily solved by cropping the black sliver off of the left so the frame runs off the edge of the shot and just looks like border, not like a freestanding strong vertical line.

And more importantly, the drink cup on the ledge is immensely distracting. Moving it out of the picture would have been good. Either that, or buying the girl a drink so that they both have a drink and it's kind of a joke hehe. As is, it's in a low detail part of the image and cloning might also work, though.

Besides distraction, the composition is quite strong, though, and interesting.

AnnieHuley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I pretty much agree with everything Gavjenks said.... which means I have nothing to say... so I don't know why I'm even hitting post. ;)

OP
pascalriben

pascalriben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pascalriben.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
The strong vertical of the window frame on the left I find to be rather distracting. I think this would be easily solved by cropping the black sliver off of the left so the frame runs off the edge of the shot and just looks like border, not like a freestanding strong vertical line.

And more importantly, the drink cup on the ledge is immensely distracting. Moving it out of the picture would have been good. Either that, or buying the girl a drink so that they both have a drink and it's kind of a joke hehe. As is, it's in a low detail part of the image and cloning might also work, though.

Besides distraction, the composition is quite strong, though, and interesting.

Thank you for your full comment Gavjenks!

I'm sorry to completely disagree with you: the strong vertical of the window frame on the left doesn't distract me at all but is essential for the harmony of the picture.

And believe it or not, the drink cup on the ledge is the first reason why I shot the picture!

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I agree, the composition is strong as it is, removing the dark vertical breaks the balance immediately. And the cup adds to the contrast between large and small here. I would have photoshopped the light spot in the top left corner below that tiny light, it would make the light itself more visible.

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I like it. And chuckled when I noticed the cup. Very nice.

OP
pascalriben

pascalriben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pascalriben.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I agree, the composition is strong as it is, removing the dark vertical breaks the balance immediately. And the cup adds to the contrast between large and small here. I would have photoshopped the light spot in the top left corner below that tiny light, it would make the light itself more visible.

Thanks for your comment! Not sure to understand what or the way you want photoshop - how do you know I use this program :shock: - the tiny light...

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Pacs, you- in my humble opinion- are extremely talented, and I really enjoy your work. I hope you stay around and share more with us.

kathyt

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I like it, and I also like the cup. It adds to the story.

Most reactions

New Topics