Young Grizzly

I was using the 70-300mm.. we were on the road side at a safe distance. :)

How close were to them? What lens did you use? I would love to do something like this.

Google Exif reader.. the information you want is in the images.... she used a 300mm on a crop body (so more like a 450 FOV with the 1.5)

[PhotoME]
PhotoME version: 0.79R17 (Build 856)

[Overview]
URL: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3709/9253000310_efa97fa4d7_o.jpg
File type: JPEG
File size: 388 KB
Creation date: 6/15/2013 18:21
Last modification: 7/9/2013 20:59
Make: Canon (Canon Global)
Camera: Canon EOS REBEL T3i
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Dimension: 820 x 547 px (0.4 MP, 3:2)
Focal length: 300 mm
Aperture: F5.6
Exposure time: 1/250" (+0.33 EV)
ISO speed rating: 200/24°
Program: Aperture priority
Metering Mode: Pattern
White Balance: Auto
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode

Last edited:
If you used 10 or 18mm you'd get some tense shots and lots of exercise.

"You skin that one! I'll go get ya another!"

Yea happy to see some grizzly shots.#2 for me.Nice Job. I would love to get shots of the Kodiak Brown but would have to travel to the south cost of Alaska.If you think the grizzly is large its a kitten in comparison to a Kodiak Brown.The average adult male stands 5ft on all fours and can reach over 10 ft when standing Upright and weighing in around 1200 pounds.The female is about 20 percent smaller.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea happy to see some grizzly shots.#2 for me.Nice Job. I would love to get shots of the Kodiak Brown but would have to travel to the south cost of Alaska.If you think the grizzly is large its a kitten in comparison to a Kodiak Brown.The average adult male stands 5ft on all fours and can reach over 10 ft when standing Upright and weighing in around 1200 pounds.The female is about 20 percent smaller.

Oh I'm aware of the Kodiak! I'm a bear fanatic! Man, wouldn't that be amazing to photograph one of those! I think I need to make a trip to northern BC and just hunt for wildlife.

Oh I'm aware of the Kodiak! I'm a bear fanatic! Man, wouldn't that be amazing to photograph one of those! I think I need to make a trip to northern BC and just hunt for wildlife.
Love them my self.pretty much all wild life. My top favorites on land are bears but my very top is out in sea is the White Sharks..

Love them my self.pretty much all wild life. My top favorites on land are bears but my very top is out in sea is the White Sharks..

You & my spouse probably have much in common! Bears and sharks are his favourites too. As for me, cougars would have to be my #1, though I have yet to see one.

How close were to them? What lens did you use? I would love to do something like this.

Google Exif reader.. the information you want is in the images.... she used a 300mm on a crop body (so more like a 450 FOV with the 1.5)

[PhotoME]

[Overview]

Yeah looked at the flickr pics, but it wasnt there. like on my pics.

[PhotoME]

[Overview]

Yeah looked at the flickr pics, but it wasnt there. like on my pics.

I just realized I had my exif data "hidden" on flickr from ages ago.. I realize in being on here that's not helpful for learning purposes! I have it set back to not-hidden. :)

Most reactions

Back