What's new

Young Hobbit in the Goblin Caves

I like this shot. Very challenging conditions for a one-exposure shot. Looks like a heck of a neat place. I do not recall having previously seen a photo from this place.
 
That's a cool shot.

While I normally shy away from HDR, I think this is a situation that I think would benefit from it (natural processing... not the surreal look). The cave walls in the near foreground (especially upper-right and lower-right corners) are almost completely black and yet the light from outside is blown out.
 
Thanks Tim and Derrel...this is actually inside of hollow, burnt out giant Sequoia. My kids are huge fans of the Hobbit movies (and the book which we spent months reading)....so they ran all over the park pretending they were in various places in Middle Earth.

There was a break in the log that allowed some light in and somewhat balance the light further down the log. This kid does not pose, so no HDR (not that I know how to do it anyway) :)
 
Thanks guys......

we're actually working on the hairy little feet for halloween.....but they might find something else by then

Anyway, I sure am enjoying geeking out to Tolkien with my kids.
 
This is a really really cool shot! I wanna play there! What a dream for a little kid!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom