EricD

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ericdiller.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Juvi Osprey is now 7 weeks old. Wont be long before flight.
Today youngster and Mom were hot as hell and little one was looking for any kind of shade Mom could offer........

PIC_5250.jpg

PIC_5216.jpg

PIC_5594.jpg

Here you can see the other egg that never hatched...
PIC_5574.jpg

Mom stayed like this for several minutes trying to provide shade.....
PIC_5599.jpg

Great shots! I love the different coloring of their eyes.

Great shots as always, the birds expression in the first one is priceless ;) Do you know why the second egg didn't hatch, is that common?

Can't thank you enough again for sharing these amazing sneak peaks into the lives of these birds. Soon they will be gone but we will forever have the memories of being gifted with watching them, even for so brief a period of time. So many people will never have the opportunity in person to do so. With these amazing photos we have been blessed with your vision.

those images are excellent quality, the colour in them is great, the poses really make a dramatic impact

They may be back next year. Ya never know. I wish I wasnt so busy at work Eric, or I would be there gettin some shots. Thanks for your persistance.

This pair of Osprey have been having their young here for several years. Last year she had (3) - chicks. This was the 3rd year in a row the same pair have nested here (locals can tell by markings on the bird)

Awesome work Erik.
I have one that never hatched in my nest this year also, so yes its common.

As long as the brood is sucessfull they will return year after year. If no babys make it then they will nest elsewere.

Its all about the babys. I lost one nest last year. A good pair that had 3 every year . A freak heavy rain storm flooded the nest and killed the eggs. They left to never be seen again .

Cheers Dan

Another excellent series. I sooo look forward to these posts, and the glimpse into the lives of this family of ospreys. The first pic is stunning.

You can tell its a female cause she dont shut her mouth. . .

AMIRITE GUYS!

Excellent shots by the way. #1 is begging to be put on 13X19 paper. Hotspots are a pain, but hey whatre ya gonna do.

Very nice, wonder why their eyes are different colors...Gender?

Most reactions

Back