Your best tripod for $100 and below

Re3iRtH

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to invest in a tripod ASAP! I am just playing around with my first ever DSLR. Which ones do you guys like for around $100 and under? It needs to be somewhat portable, as I will be often be doing lots of hiking, climbing, and trekking for shots. Much appreciate your input :)

Tripods are a choice between light, sturdy and cheap. Pick two.

I see. I am willing to spend more than the $100 if it gets me the peformance and portability needed. Can you guys point me to any specific models to explore? Thanks much.

You have to spend over $100 to get a light and sturdy tripod. Don't get a compact tripod. It is not that sturdy.

Travel tripods usually have 4 leg sections so they can collapse shorter, but he lowest leg section get pretty narrow so it can go inside the section above it.
What that means is that the more leg sections a tripod has the less stable the tripod is with the legs fully extended.

Use a travel tripod with as little leg extension as possible, and if possible, without raising the center column.
Manfrotto MKBFRA4-BH BeFree Compact Aluminum Travel Tripod Black

Note that the above tripod has a max weight capacity of 8.8 lbs.
For the best stability don't put more than 1/3 that weight, about 3 lbs, on the tripod.

A top of the line travel tripod:
RRS - TQC-14 LR Pkg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back