Your business name

and ai like all the different reasons people use what they use for a business name.

I am different. I didn't want anything using my name but I did want something very unique for my SONS initials

it took me months & months playing with their initials, then it hit me

my son Mark is the only son with a middle name. I used that A (he was named by his GREAT grandmother)

Mark Andrew Jesse Isaiah Khristiper = MAJIK

Isaiah MarkAndrew Jesse Eves (our last name) = IMAJE

MAJIKIMAJE.COM ! WowoW (wink) !

fb5.jpg

Majik Imaje: that's a very unique way to create a business name. How neat!!
also, I love this picture you've uploaded. Took me a minute to see that theres pictures within the picture.
Very cool.

THAT.. "fits me to the T! ha ha haha.!!! yup.. so true.. you have to take the time to think!.... just like posting a thread.. you HAVE to make people WANT to..... to come in.. you have to MAKE PEOPLE CURIOUS.. then.. once you have their attention (for however long or short) THEN.. you got a split second.. to deliver THE ONE TWO PUNCH THAT MAKES THEIR EYES pop! that takes practice !! ha ha ha ha.! thus my "sig" time tested & well worn... PROUDLY!

how did I learn all of this : read & practice & read & practice & read & practice & read & practice & read & practice!.....and.....

fdesk.jpg

LOTS & LOTS... .. .. "of chocolate" !...it really helps!

I haven't pulled the trigger on going into busines yet. It will be awhile and I need to gain more experience but a business of my own is my goal. I've been tossing around "Icon Image Photography" as a business name. For whatever reason I just like the word "Icon". Plus there's already a photography site made by a man who shares the same first and last name as me and is into photography. :)

Another thing to keep in mind when creating a business name is the fictitious name statute. Not sure about the law everywhere else but here (PA) if someone can't look at your business name and figure out it is your business, you need to file at the court house for a fictitious name.

Wouldn't that be a DBA? (Doing Business As)

Well, our LLC name is Tripleeast (Triple E for my maiden name initials, A for "and" and ST for my husbands initials)

but we'll be doing business as E3 Photography Studio (it's actually E Cubed) again for my maiden name initials EEE. :) E Cubed was my nickname in High School. LOL:lol:

I am branding my business as :

The Digitial Imagination, Photography by Leon Trujillo

website is www.thedigitalimagination.com

my business card is very simple....

Just my logo, which has the .com in it and my phone #.....I love my business card....

If I was to ever to create a business name, I can assure you I will not be using my initials.. bsphotography. ;)

Back to preferences though, I am more likely to remember a person's business if it is their name. One time I was looking for a lady's photography site and I honestly spent 10 or so minutes searching for it under her name. Turns out it was a generic 'cutesy' name. Also it sounds more professional generally, imo, which shouldn't count for much.

Most reactions

Back