What's new

Your Feedback On Some Real Estate Photos

SteveBlue

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 25, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello Everyone,

I sure would appreciate your feedback on the photos at http://tinyurl.com/58zvsm

Any critisims, pros, cons, anything constructive at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help
 
Over all, these are very nice photos. Some seem to be washed out a little (color faded). Most seem a little soft, especially the first pic of the front of the house. Maybe that is the style for real estate so not to show alot of detail, but show an overall look?

What camera are you using? I am pretty new at photography and hopefully I've learned something and given you some valid feedback.
 
Thanks for your points, Crosby. I appreciate the reply.

Some seem to be washed out a little (color faded). Most seem a little soft, especially the first pic of the front of the house.
I was trying to attain a warm feeling in the photos. In post while developing, I applied a bit of tint, etc. Do you think that I over did it?

The first pic is slightly out of focus. I appreciate it that you mentioned it being "soft" - it was the best of the set and when I take shots of another house, I'm going to review them on a large computer screen from the road to ensure that the detail was captured.

Maybe that is the style for real estate so not to show alot of detail, but show an overall look?
I'm trying to capture as much detail as possible. The standard real estate strategy agrees with you in that showing pointed details help garner business but I disagree. I think that online, the more information the better.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

What camera are you using?
These photos were taken with a Canon 40D, a Nikon D40 and some flash equipment.
 
Nice pics... now.. how much for the house?
 
Is this your profession?

Pics aren't bad, but could use some work. You need more uniform light throughout most of the pictures. Are you only using one flash? What lense are you shooting these with? I think something wider would work much better. I was wondering about that first pic being out of focus, I thought my eyes were going bad for a second. I like some of your angles and dislike others. Overall it's good work. I'd definitely like to see more.

Aloha!
 
Im guessing you were using an UWA lens? If so you should look into getting a good diffuser to help spread your flash around the whole room for a more uniform picture.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom