Your most valuble and honest C&C please

willma88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please CC these images honestly. I am by no means perfect, so please tell me whats wrong and I will improve for next time. Cheers!

1of1-8-1.jpg

Gear: D90
f/5.6
1/400
ISO: 200
Focal D: 55mm
Shot in Manual Mode
No flash was fired

1of1-3.jpg

Taken inside the Queen Victoria Building Sydney Australia

f/8
1/4
ISO: 200
Shot in Manual
No flash was fired

1of1-1.jpg

Sydney Opera House from International Terminal
f/5.6
1/4
ISO: 1000
Shot in Manual Mode
No flash was fired

edited1.jpg

International Terminal Sydney Harbour

f/5.6
1/4
ISO: 1000
Focal D: 35mm
Shot in Manual Mode
No flash was fired

Last edited:
1, looks a little out of focus but you may have been going for the motion look? not sure. His face is sooo red and I am not sure what is up with that?

2. Great shot but in my opinion wish there was either more people or less. The blur makes it look busy but not busy enough to convey that. I hope you know what I am trying to say! Still like the shot

3. I have seen 100 of the same exact picture!

4. I like this shot too but I sat there trying to figure out what the subject is and I am still not sure.... BUT that might just be me!

1, looks a little out of focus but you may have been going for the motion look? not sure. His face is sooo red and I am not sure what is up with that?

2. Great shot but in my opinion wish there was either more people or less. The blur makes it look busy but not busy enough to convey that. I hope you know what I am trying to say! Still like the shot

3. I have seen 100 of the same exact picture!

4. I like this shot too but I sat there trying to figure out what the subject is and I am still not sure.... BUT that might just be me!

Thankyou very much for your honest feedback!
1- The face came out underexposed, and thus i had to edit it in lightroom. However, my moniter broke down a couple of weeks back and currently im using a really old moniter without proper calibration. Therefore the colours might be distorted, i will fix it when i get the screen back.

2. Thankyou, i completely agree.

3. Completely agree again, im running outta places to take photos in sydney. Any suggestions anyone out there?

4. Subject is a little hidden but the mood is good i think.

About number 3.. This is something me and My friend were talking about 2 days ago.

If you think you are running out of things to shoot then stop for a second and think of new ways to take pictures of the same old thing. Zoom in, zoom out, tilt the camera, of set the subject, take 50 shots of the same thing but make every picture different. Crop it differently, try Black and white, try everything and screw up a bunch of shots. It is digital and you can delete them! and it does not cost a cent!

I am trying to think if I have an example!

Yeah defs wil try that next time i get out there. I think the thing with sydney is that there are only so many places to take pictures. I know thats a very opinionated response, and i will probs get people from sydney telling me off for it but that really how i feel.

At least just for landscape and things. Thats why i am wanting to make the shift into photojournalism or model etc.. a lot to learn!

everyone has a lot to learn! LOL You just need to show the old stuff in a new way! The only way I have found to do this is to take thousands of pictures! And really study them later to find your likes and dislikes.!

One of our other plans is to try to take 10 great pictures with in a certain distance.

The first try will be within 100 feet of my house!

then maybe Within Walking Distance of home

then maybe Within my home town City Limits

With each one of these projects I will probley take 200 shots to try to get 10 great ones. IF I do that I will be VERY Happy!

yeah man! thats sounds great! i will keep at it. thanks for the great tips! :)

You may not see much to photograph in Sydney as you have lived there long therefore everything there is pretty much an everyday item
whereas if i were to go to Sydney, as a tourist, everything is new therefore possibly more scenic to me than it would be for a resident in Sydney
just like where I live (a village) I don't see much to shoot except for the birds and flowers whereas someone new to the area could possibly see something better to shoot.

I think the best way to solve this is put yourself in the shoes of a tourist
I personally like your images, the best being #3 tbh, i sat and looked at that image for about 3 minutes just staring.
although a crisper image (smaller Aperture) would have looked better i think

if you exposed that image as 4 images, one for the water, one for the building, one for the mountains behind it and one for the sky
then painted in the relative parts, it could have looked better i think

Most reactions

New Topics

Back