What's new

Your Opinion on these 2??

Eventer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
511
Reaction score
10
Location
Christchurch, New Zealand
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dont know if the HDR works? What do you think - Any other comments welcome, just a couple of random photos taken at the local cemetary

Project2.png


Project1.png
 
I can't quite see the effect of HDR, but I feel the first has a bit too much headroom.
Can't look at the second ... it makes me incredibly sad! "Aged 3 weeks"... oh no!
 
I didnt want to over do the HDR - I dont the last one is a real HDR type photo but i did it anyhow.
I know it made me sad as these headstone were from like the 1940's i think there was there "Aged 1 hour" :(
 
In my humble opinion there is no reason to HDR a statue.
 
Probably right - But i like it better than the original, Ill just find it hang on...
 
1 is kind of crooked and doesn't do much for me.
2 isn't too bad but it would have been much better imo if the DOF was maybe a little bigger/deeper and was focused on some powerful text or something idk just a suggestion.

I agree HDR probably wasn't needed mostly because it's when you can't get a good exposure due to extreme changes like low light in a house with brightly lit open windows. But for the second shot it's 1 subject and the second maybe if the sky/background was that bad but then again maybe not. GL
TJ
 
Yeah I agree with you on the second one, I cut out a bit too much writing i think...
 
I actually love the natural color on the statue.

And the 2nd one is very sad! But I can dig it.
 
1. I like the original more. Personal pref. Not a big fan of black and white HDRs. I like 'em best with full rich colors.
2. Sad. :( Meaningful shot. Would a different DOF with "Age 3 Weeks" in focus, and the rest out, would that have been better?
 
Ha! i dont like the original at all :er: LOL
Yep IceEateer your probably right about the DOF - would have looked cooler, i didnt really play araound i think that was the only shot i got like that - Quite keen to go back though.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom