Your Opinion on these 2??

Eventer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michelleclarke.co.nz
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dont know if the HDR works? What do you think - Any other comments welcome, just a couple of random photos taken at the local cemetary

Project2.png

Project1.png

I can't quite see the effect of HDR, but I feel the first has a bit too much headroom.
Can't look at the second ... it makes me incredibly sad! "Aged 3 weeks"... oh no!

I didnt want to over do the HDR - I dont the last one is a real HDR type photo but i did it anyhow.
I know it made me sad as these headstone were from like the 1940's i think there was there "Aged 1 hour" :(

In my humble opinion there is no reason to HDR a statue.

1 is kind of crooked and doesn't do much for me.
2 isn't too bad but it would have been much better imo if the DOF was maybe a little bigger/deeper and was focused on some powerful text or something idk just a suggestion.

I agree HDR probably wasn't needed mostly because it's when you can't get a good exposure due to extreme changes like low light in a house with brightly lit open windows. But for the second shot it's 1 subject and the second maybe if the sky/background was that bad but then again maybe not. GL
TJ

I actually love the natural color on the statue.

And the 2nd one is very sad! But I can dig it.

1. I like the original more. Personal pref. Not a big fan of black and white HDRs. I like 'em best with full rich colors.
2. Sad. :( Meaningful shot. Would a different DOF with "Age 3 Weeks" in focus, and the rest out, would that have been better?

Ha! i dont like the original at all :er: LOL
Yep IceEateer your probably right about the DOF - would have looked cooler, i didnt really play araound i think that was the only shot i got like that - Quite keen to go back though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back