What's new

Your opinion/suggestions about this one?

WomanInLove

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 12, 2010
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,
Wanted to hear what do you think about this photo? I converted it to black and white.
Please provide your opinion/suggestions.
Thank you,
Kat

Jeremy.jpg
 
To me the range of tonality is to narrow. There are no whites.

I notice you have your camera's contrast set to HARD, the saturation set to HIGH, the sharpening set to HARD, and the metering set to Evaluative/Matrix or whatever it is Sony calls it.

I would probably have use a smaller aperture than f/4.5 for that scene and used spot metering.

Jeremy.jpg
 
Last edited:
its pretty interesting It makes me wonder what hes looking at
 
What is spot metering?
Metering usually has 3 modes you can select from.

What Sony calls multi-Segment
Center-weighted
Spot

As it's name implies spot metering sample a small part of the scene.

Your Sony users manual will explain how Sony approaches metering.

I down loaded the users manual for the A-550 and looked it up for you, it's on page 97.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom