Your other hobby

I have way too many interests and hobbies. Not enough time or money though. Here's some stuff I participate in regularly though.

One of my favorite things to do, is fly my powered paraglider.
MattPPG.jpg

I also race dirt bikes cross country.
Mattbike2.jpg

I did a race in a chicken suit a few years back. It was one of the two races I have ever won.
DSC01665.jpg

I also have a school bus that I was in the process of turning into an RV. Unfortunately, I'm selling it since I'm moving to Alaska in less than two weeks.
DSC02421.jpg

I recently sold my motorcycle too since I'm moving. Too cold in Alaska for me to be riding.
DSC03515.jpg

I've been into hog hunting here in Oklahoma, but there's no hogs in Alaska so I'll have to shoot something else up there. I have quite a few guns as well.
DSC02214.jpg

I also have a LOT of RC airplanes. This is just one of many. I fly for a living as well. When I get to Alaska, I plan to build my own plane.
scan0009.jpg

Did you Say Honda? :thumbup:

3079264540_fe29e0109c.jpg

And Matt, Here's me participating in some XC action!

3232573725_8ca85a5175.jpg

I know you meant cars :lol:

Well it ain't as fancy as some in this thread but what the hell, I tinker with scale model cars.

"Earnhardt" Revell Monogram kit #2375 - Dale Earnhardt 2001 Nascar Monte Carlo

100_3288.jpg

100_3313.jpg

100_3293.jpg

100_3295.jpg

100_3298.jpg

FYI, the bar shown in in the last picture the "Earnhardt Bar", Despite being mandated by Nascar after a 1996 crash where Earnhardts cars roof collapsed after sliding across the track upside-down, the peice is not included in the scale models. I had to literally make the peice because RM had no intentions at the time to alter their molds despite it being a required component in the actual cars.

This model was bought and assembled and given to my brother in law shortly after Earnhardts death in 2001 and rephotographed in april 2008.

I am pretty much addicted to fly fishing. I first started doing it when I was about 14 but it wasn't until almost 20 years later that I hooked my first fish in the saltwater flats and I was fully hooked (no pun intended).

Fishing in my birth country of Guyana for peacock bass.

flyfishrockstonena9.jpg

flyfishingcrystalspringdu7.jpg

You can see why they call them peacocks.

basscoloursvw6.jpg

My former home waters of Sault Ste. Marie and a nice steelhead (with bridge to USA in background)

steeliesw5.jpg

Where I would rather be fishing...
beachpalmub5.jpg

... looking for these (bonefish)....

bonefishea9.jpg

... or these (permit)

permit6mr1.jpg

I am pretty much addicted to fly fishing. I first started doing it when I was about 14 but it wasn't until almost 20 years later that I hooked my first fish in the saltwater flats and I was fully hooked (no pun intended).

I tried getting into fly fishing but never really could. I love fishing though, but I can never seem to get out anymore. I spent some fifty bucks on permits the year before last and only went once, I was pissed, spent twenty last year and only went once....still steamed.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who takes their camera fishing :thumbup: My TLb sat in my takel box for some time.

I have a 2007 Honda CBR600RR that i ride for fun at the track and on the street for work(I'm a motorcycle instructor)

I have a Beretta 90Two 9mm Handgun that i recently got as a winter hobby when i cant ride the bike

Most reactions

Back