Circuit City Liquidation

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Read on another forum some guy scored a 430EX II flash for $126. Retail price is about $250. Going to a CC tomorrow to see if they have any worthy deals :D

mine overpriced everything, then 10% off. the list for a d80 was 899

mine overpriced everything, then 10% off. the list for a d80 was 899

There was an article in the local paper about this. Something to the effect of CC is now in recevership, and the liquidation company that took over has marked everything up before the discounts. People see 30% off, but fail to realize that it has been upped 20% before that, and they fall for it.

That is why forum people are smart when shopping :p
but you have to watch this from when Linen and things was liquidating. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMiBVlXctM8]YouTube - Going-Out-of-Business Sales Not Such a Bargain[/ame]

Sounds like those "women's" stores, aka Boscovs, BonTon and the like. My wife wanted to buy perfume at Boscovs grand opening and I told her to look elsewhere. "But this is 40% off! I can't pass that up!" Well, I made her pass it up and buy it somewhere else for $10 cheaper than Boscovs' 40% off.

I loved Linen's n things....:( Great floor plan plus pillows and margarita.

Their website said they think it will all round up about the end of March so I'm thinking that's when the real deals will be. The day I went everything was more expensive than the week before during a sale...

I went to the Saks Fith Avenue closing sale with an exgf. It was pure insanity women were taking things off and trying things on in the aisles. I never laughed so much shopping with her.

Um... yes....:D

I have to agree with the "shopper beware" warning here. Generally when a liquidation company is hired, the first task that they have is to recover as much gain as they can for the company in question. So in this case CC has given them complete control re: prices. This is generally a comission situation so the more the profit, well the more the profit. Very few deals are to be found until the shelves are empty. I shopped just last weekend for a new plasma, and found that CC prices during closeout were up approximately 22% over the price of the same set just two weeks prior.

The CC in my town was one of he first to close a few months ago and there were no deals at first. But the week that they shut down it got good. I would imagine that it will be better this time because they will have no where to ship inventory to, the whole business is gone not just one store.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back