Your secondary 'walking about' camera?

Phone. Or one of the film bodies.

Typically I shoot with two bodies. From Sports, to Theatre to Street, two bodies. Sometimes I will toss a fisheye on a camera, especially when shooting theatre, then I'm shooting with three bodies.

Typically I shoot with two bodies. From Sports, to Theatre to Street, two bodies. Sometimes I will toss a fisheye on a camera, especially when shooting theatre, then I'm shooting with three bodies.
Typically, I do as well. But when you are out for a romantic meal with Mrs A , what camera do you take on that occasion?

I have 2 main camera systems my DSLR kit & a MFT kit. The MFT bag tends to be the one I grab if out for a walk, though I often have to take some of the stuff like the flash gun & a manual lens out to keep the weight reasonable (it has 2 bodies & 5+ lenses in). If a light weight camera is all that's wanted I'll select for the MFT kit.

If out for a romantic meal with my wife I don't take a camera at all. She has her phone & would want my attention to be on her without the distraction of cameras!

I got a Fuji XT2 w 18-55 to use as a lighter walk around/vacation lens so I could leave my Nikon 7100 and heavy lenses at home unless I was on a photo specific outing/trip. Now I only use the Xt2 and have sold the 7100.

For digital, I two gun it, Fujifilm XT-2 and the X-PRO2.

Film, SLR with a wide. SLR with a telephoto.

Typically, I do as well. But when you are out for a romantic meal with Mrs A , what camera do you take on that occasion?
Romantic ... none. We often have dinner at the beach, in which case, the XP2 (w/ the 35mm F/2 if I desire simple). I tend to separate "assignment shooting " from "non-assignment shooting". Assignments being pre-planned and I am prepared for that assignment. It might be shooting macros on my daily walk with the dog, or shooting Street ... they are pre-planned with the appropriate kit. Non-assignment would be walking the dog without pre-planning, or taking a camera to work ... then it would be either the iPhone or the XP2 w/ the 35mm F/2. I used to always have a "real" camera with me at nearly all times. But lately, I've backed off and let the iPhone do its job.

Romantic ... none. We often have dinner at the beach, in which case, the XP2 (w/ the 35mm F/2 if I desire simple). I tend to separate "assignment shooting " from "non-assignment shooting". Assignments being pre-planned and I am prepared for that assignment. It might be shooting macros on my daily walk with the dog, or shooting Street ... they are pre-planned with the appropriate kit. Non-assignment would be walking the dog without pre-planning, or taking a camera to work ... then it would be either the iPhone or the XP2 w/ the 35mm F/2. I used to always have a "real" camera with me at nearly all times. But lately, I've backed off and let the iPhone do its job.

right, cell phones now do a pretty good job ... in good light
I use a Galaxy S7 for some "non-assignment" shooting
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Ive changed it up a bit. Digital, I use a Fujifilm XT2 as main with telephoto, and a XPro2 with a wide. Extra battery in pocket. The X100F is a wonderful camera. I will never borrow one again because I will want to buy one. It has fabulous image quality and ergonomics.

Film, SLR with B&W and a point & shoot loaded with color.

I don't walk around with a camera. Actually I don't walk around at all. My hips are so bad I have to walk to a specific destination because the walk is painful the entire way. However, when I am out doing something other than photography, I carry a little Panasonic point and shoot camera. It fits in a shirt pocket and makes pretty good images.

I have an Olympus PEN and a small selection of tiny (and dare I say CUTE!!) lenses that fit in a wrap that lives in my purse. Also have an android phone with a good camera app for stupid cat tricks/stupid people tricks, but for anything more serious I have the pen.

I use 4 cameras.

D500 - I guess this is my main squeeze.
D700 - Used less since getting the D500, but I have a couple lenses that sing with it.
Ricoh GR - for when I want something to fit in my pocket
Pen-F - Got this new on sale in August with the 25 and 45 f/1.8 lenses ($600 off for the package).

I bought the Pen-F to be a small, street shooter, "2nd" camera and it has been even better that I hoped.
I'm actually using it more than the D500 at the moment. I now have 5 lenses for it.
Love it.

I hate shooting with my phone. :p

Most reactions

Back