You've been Mooned

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ahahaha
for real...
I finally got my remote in, so my tripod doesnt shake when i try to take photos. I have pretty shaky hands even with a tripod, soooo..these are my first try with the remote:

This one reminded me of a cantaloupe LOL

moon1.jpg

moon2.jpg

Great shots. What lens/settings did you use? I tried to get some moon shots while I was in Iraq, but they never quite turned out right. Not because of the place, but because of the photographer. They have some of the clearest skies I've ever seen in my life, so I know the problem was me.

I was informed I turned the moon on it's side..i had no idea LOL..but I shot these with my 75-300mm Sigma DL zoom/macro lens (i was also told that 300mm on a digital is actually 500mm??) Joe helped me with my settings to get it at least clear enough to see, although there is a lot of noise ( I am going to try again tonight). I had it set at 1/1600 and the first one was f/32 the second was f/22 or vice versa? LOL 200 ISO.

MommyOf4Boys said:
(i was also told that 300mm on a digital is actually 500mm??)
Depends on the camera. Yours has a 1.5x crop, so it is 450mm. Canon has a 1.6 crop (Rebel XT and 20D, anyways), so it's 480mm. I believe the Olympus E-300 has a 2.0x crop, so it's a whopping 600mm...

The smaller, the better. :)

some great shots m.o.f.b. love the colors you used too..the blue one seems so cool and remote..the desert colored one is very nice too..

all are good...great shots girl!

Awesome moon shots.

clarinetJWD said:
Depends on the camera. Yours has a 1.5x crop, so it is 450mm. Canon has a 1.6 crop (Rebel XT and 20D, anyways), so it's 480mm. I believe the Olympus E-300 has a 2.0x crop, so it's a whopping 600mm...

The smaller, the better. :)

Score! I'm gonna have to get me a 300mm lens now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back