YTONG at night (for Thorhammer)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When I took these (a while ago now, couldn't make myself post them), I had to think of Thorhammer and his brilliant night photos of industrial, port or urban scenes. And WHENEVER I saw one of his very varied photos/scenes, I had to think of this plant, the only one producing any kind of smoke out of a stack in the near or far from where I live (the boonies), and one night I actually did go to take night photos of that plant.

So ... knowing that they cannot compete with Thorhammer's photos ever, here they are:

ytong1.jpg

ytong2.jpg

ytong3.jpg

Maybe the aperture was too small here, but I really wanted to get the "YTONG"-letters come out ... and they were so bright against the otherwise total darkness...

You shot them for meeee! Thats the cutest thing :thumbup:

I like these, you seemed to make the fence almost disappear in the first one,
The smoke plume is cool, I love those things, also you did a good job on the last one handling the light pretty well for such a hard shot. You were definately stopped down near max I can tell from the haze around the sign. Not necessarily a bad thing, you trade off some effects and sharpness in exchange for slowing the "traditional light leakage" which was showing in the sign on the first shot. These are cool.

did anyone give you trouble ? If not your lucky !!

If you ever go to Sweden, there a guy who found a way into the abandoned YTONG HQ building there.
http://jornmark.se/places_intro.aspx?placeid=123&lang=eng

Were you using a sigma for the first shot and the tamron 28-200 for the rest ? I'm prob wrong just curious

I like number two with the illuminated fume!

Were you using a sigma for the first shot and the tamron 28-200 for the rest ? I'm prob wrong just curious

Counting aperture blades, eh? ;)

Most reactions

Back