Zec@Work: Nikki @ The Cher Resort

Zeckson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This came as a little 'surprise' for me when I visited Thailand a few months back. My friends arranged this shoot and I was invited to shoot along. I was happy by the little 'surprise present' but was really surprised when I was introduced to Nikki. She's tall. She's tanned. She's mature (for her age). She speaks good English. And she's the Thailand winner representing her country in the Miss International Beauty Pageant 2008!

A south Thailander, Nikki isn't some new babe on the scene after the pageant. She had been featured in numerous magazines like FHM, Maxim, Cosmopolitan and so on and she isn't the type that just deliver a nice smile in front of the camera. She wants more than just a smile. She is demanding. She is professional. She has her style. She is a no-nonsense beauty queen from The Land of Smiles!

In on-location preparation of the shoot, my friends and I scouted around a beautiful beach resort in a neighbouring province of Phetchaburi from Bangkok (mind you, neighbouring still means 3-4 hours of drive speeding at minimum 140 km/h!). I studied the areas, planned my lights and execution, decided on my angles of approach and compositions while Nikki went to have her make-up done. We started the shoot session late in the afternoon. It went well. Just when we were into deep concentration of the shoot, RAIN CAME!!

Aaaaaaarrrgggghhhh!!

We had to stop, packed all our gears and ran for shelter! We were not able to complete the shoot and do all the ideas I planned. We ended up squeezing some shots inside the room. Sigh. What a pity... :(

Equipment:
- Nikon D700
- AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G IF-ED Nano
- Nikon Speedlight SB-900
- Nikon Speedlight SB-600 x 2
- Bowens Gemini 400 studio strobes x 2
- Softboxes and umbrellas

Here is a short video introduction of Nikki. Please do not download the video onto any devices including your computer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeckson/5041670229/

Last edited:
Pic 01:

61dc8238.jpg

Pic 02:

556b8c28.jpg

Pic 03:

94ce8ca1.jpg

Pic 04:

60d01ba8.jpg

Pic 05:

de228635.jpg

Pic 06:

5dafc1f4.jpg

Pic 07:

71bc72d0.jpg

Pic 08:

a3eb1be3.jpg

Thank you for viewing my images. I can only squeeze out these few from the session. What a pity... :(

annnnnnnd he's done it yet again!
well done man. great model, great setting, great photography.
good on you.

despite the rain it looks like you still got some great shots...

good on you.

Ah... My friend... There you are! Ha ha ha. Thanks for coming in and for the comments. Good on me? I think it is even better for Nikki. I just showed her the images. She jumped and screamed! Don't know if its good or bad truthfully speaking... Ha ha ha ha. :D

despite the rain it looks like you still got some great shots...

Thanks for your comments. We would have gotten more images if not for that rain... Argh. Anyway, there's more on my Flickr. A total of 16 images uploaded there. :)

good on you.

Ah... My friend... There you are! Ha ha ha. Thanks for coming in and for the comments. Good on me? I think it is even better for Nikki. I just showed her the images. She jumped and screamed! Don't know if its good or bad truthfully speaking... Ha ha ha ha. :D

definitely a good thing in my opinion!! How do you get the skin on the body and face and everywhere looking so smooth and fine and almost unreal!?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back