Zenfolio Blog up and running

dhris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Over the last few months I've been migrating blog posts from my old blogger blog as well as adding new content to the blog within my site, which is hosted by zenfolio.

Anyone interested in possibly using zenfolio as a host and in particular using their in-house blog option, should check out my blog for a sample of how they can look.

Wedding photography blog

Currently I'm using a 'snippets' preview style for my main page, though I may switch to showing full posts there.

Any opinions on my setup ?

Nicely done yourself, Robin. I have to say that presenting weddings in a single long page (like you seem to do) is pretty tantalizing compared to the gallery system I'm mainly relying on now--I just might consider transitioning to that.

^ Nope. I just added the images (the text itself is an image, but also the couple moving through the hedgemaze) in the Blog Welcome page, which is accessible from the page where you add / delete blog posts.

Chris and Robin, great work. I will be moving from Smugmug to Zenfolio later this year, so I'll definitely be in touch.

Do you have your domains parked at Zenfolio? Currently I have a fairly simple website at my domain and menus point to my portfolio at smugmug. Never cared for the arrangement, and I no longer enjoy writing code enough to create a better site on my own.

Both of these look fantastic.

Yes, my domain is pointed to zenfolio. I do not pay other hosting fee other than Zenfolio. I only pay for the domain name via godaddy. The bad thing about this is that I cant store anything else but what I can store on Zenfolio. That means only image files, short videos, PDFs.

Looks like I also lucked out by grabbing google apps for my email as well. Not to rub it in, but it works incredibly well.

I also use godaddy for my domain name.

Most reactions

Back