Zion Panoramic

here's a re-edit with some of y'alls suggestions applied....

re-stitched with the same original files, but alot less medling...basically the only edits I did to this one after stitching was: lowered the contrast of the sky, cloned out a couple rain drops that were on the lens in one of the images, lowered the overall saturation more, and burned a couple (small) distracting highlights....I looked over the entire stitching lines on this one and couldn't find an area that showed evidence of stitching, but I'm still not sure where the issue was in the first place, it may not be there in this since it was a re-stitch...let me know if you see it still...

the haze around sentinal (and the whole middle range) is there alot, which is mainly what I didn't like about the original and was why I tried more severe edits in the first place...it still bothers me a little, but not as much as when I first worked on the pic.

Zion_panoramic2.jpg

http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq337/guitargeek1968/Zion_panoramic2.jpg

thats is crazy, do you live in the area?

Yes, about 3 hours away. I dont go to Zion very often (too busy for me) but this was my second visit this year.

Very nice pano, all things considered. We were in Moab back late June/early July, I guess I should get my butt in gear and post up some of the Canyonlands/DHP/Arches shots.. :) We didn't have the time for Zion or Bryce, hopefully next time. And I get ya about the haze - it was quite apparent when we were there.

Very nice pano, all things considered. We were in Moab back late June/early July, I guess I should get my butt in gear and post up some of the Canyonlands/DHP/Arches shots.. :) We didn't have the time for Zion or Bryce, hopefully next time. And I get ya about the haze - it was quite apparent when we were there.

yeah, I'd love to visit all the parks around there, I've only been to arches once many years ago, and this short drive through zion...you should post up some of your pics I'd like to see 'em. The haze has been especially bad this year, with all the fires in and around the state and adjacent ones.

I like your final. The haze helps to give a 3D look to it all as you look from front to back.

yeah, I it does help out with the depth...I may work on it a little more when I have time too...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back