ZipShot Tripod

Sleepy_Sentry

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.esgameservers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read about this new tripod today called the ZipShot. It folds up to the size of a small umbrella and expands to 44" tall in just a few seconds.
ZipShot

I don't know if I would trust it with my Hasselblad, but this summer I'm going to China and wasn't planning on bringing a tripod for space reasons until I saw this. The specs say it can handle up to 3 lbs. I was planning on using it with a Canon XSi and Canon EOS EF 28-135mm lens.

Do you guys think this is just a gimmick or worth a shot? Will it work alright with a battery grip such as the BG-E8? It's only $50.

Last edited:
No way I would use that.. Way too risky looking for me to put my gear on that.

For travel, look at the Benro Travel Angel.

I read about this new tripod today called the ZipShot. It folds up to the size of a small umbrella and expands to 44" tall in just a few seconds.
ZipShot

I don't know if I would trust it with my Hasselblad, but this summer I'm going to China and wasn't planning on bringing a tripod for space reasons until I saw this. The specs say it can handle up to 3 lbs. I was planning on using it with a Canon XSi and Canon EOS EF 28-135mm lens.

Do you guys think this is just a gimmick or worth a shot? It's only $50.
For a tripod to be useful it has to be very stable.

Do you really think that thing would be stable! ;)

I think it's a gimmick.

I use the Cullmann magic 2 tripod. Its not the most stable tripod BUT its unique design folds flat and it is pretty light. For me, its good enough given its easy packability. I don't hesitate to put my Leica on it although I'm never too far from it just in case it tips over. If you search the internet, you'll find many low reviews I must admit but I think a lot has to do with people's expectations. I certainly have gotten my value out of it.

When I need a "real" tripod, I have the a Bogen/manfrotto set... as KmH said... it has to be stable. The Magic is certainly not a replacement but its sure easier to carry around.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back