Zoo Animal Photos

Fang

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hope this is the right place, even though they're not pets. I took these back in July 2007, little old but I feel it's some of my best work without a doubt. Hope you guys enjoy.

American Bald Eagle

Eagle2.jpg

Eagle.jpg

Polar Bear

Polarbear.jpg

Ring Tailed Lemur

ringtailed.jpg

That's all for now.

boy those lemurs do not look friendly at all!

I like that picture the best though, kind of wish I could see all of the face on the little guy to the right

Hehe cool! I got some pics of lemurs too :D (If you want to see em I'll be glad to post ^^) They're cool hey? :)

The polar bear and the lemurs are both quite a bit over-exposed and lots of the whites in their fur are totally blown. But the position of the lemurs is funny! You could have watched your composition just a bit more closely (as not to crop one of them right through his face, cropping of the other one's feet).

The eagle is in the very centre of your frame in both photos and you cropped off part of his tail in the first. Those will also be things for you to watch when you go back and shoot again ;).

Do you apply any kind of post processing to your photos?

Actually the only cropping I did was a white border around the image, these aren't direct from the digital camera, they're scans of printed pictures, I scanned them at 600DPI and the Lemurs at 1200DPI. The lemurs one was hard to get because they're behind thick glass with natural lighting, never an easy pic to get. I appreciate the comments, and feel free to post them Chantal.

Ok! Great :D

These lil guys I saw in Sweden at a park/mini-zoo type thing. They were so amusing, if I could I'd watch them for hours!

IMG_5228c.jpg

IMG_5225c.jpg

IMG_5229.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

IMG_5223.jpg

IMG_5221.jpg

I really like the position/stance of the polar bear as it shows off its size, big feet, claws etc. But as Lafoto said, the whites are blown out in its fur. I look forward to seeing more of your shots in the future though!

Those shots are great Chantal, you can just pet them if you want?

And thanks for the comment Antarctican, not sure exactly how to not get the white fur to look like that. Was it because of the sun outside? These were taken on a very sunny day.

the trick to shooting in a zoo is getting shots that don't make the audience aware they are looking at animals in captivity...there is a guy on here who frequents zoo's and really captures that well

Those shots are great Chantal, you can just pet them if you want?

And thanks for the comment Antarctican, not sure exactly how to not get the white fur to look like that. Was it because of the sun outside? These were taken on a very sunny day.

I WISH I would have pet them. There was a sign that said do not touch the animals :grumpy:, but I'm sure many get away with it... they were very friendly and playful. I saw the zoo keeper pet them though. I didn't dare touch them though; I was in a different country and I didn't want to get into any kind of trouble. :lmao:

LOL, oh man, I would of been picking them up and everything.

the trick to shooting in a zoo is getting shots that don't make the audience aware they are looking at animals in captivity...there is a guy on here who frequents zoo's and really captures that well

Not always, it depends on the look your trying to achieve.

Sometimes it's trying to show the depression and sadness of being locked up in a cage, ya know?

Just pointing out the obvious.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back