Zoo Leipzig

goooner

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went on a tour of east germany last week. Saw lots of cool stuff, but the zoo was definitely one of the highlights. Definitely one of the best I've been to, period. The relatively new Godwanaland biotope is really cool. I will post some pics in this thread as a I get around to editing them.

I wanted to test my new 150-600 G2, but it was cold (-4°C, cloudy and dark). So all of these shots were taken with the 70-200). Still carried the big lens the whole day in my backpack though. Lets start with a couple of young chimps.
_DR11261.jpg

_DR11216.jpg

_DR11209.jpg

These were all indoor, with relative bad light. The ISO was around 5000 iirc, but the exif data should still be in the files. As always, C&C more than welcome.

Great shots. What a cutie!

Good work, The Chimps look great!

Here is the next batch, as promised, the baby gorilla. We had the trip to the zoo planned for weeks, and as we arrived in Leipzig we heard that the they have a 'fresh' baby-2 days old. The mother accepted it, and was caring for it, carrying it close to her breast, and making it difficult for us to take photos. There are 3 more gorillas in the pen, the boss, a youngster, and his mother, and then the new born and his mother.

Was great to see this big fearsome silver back play with the youngster.
_DR11294.jpg

_DR11296.jpg

_DR11287.jpg

*Edit, warmed them up a bit, and tried to get the colour correct, probably went too far, the lighting was tricky, and my monitor is not calibrated.

Last edited:
nice dude really like the mamma pics

This is a very nice series, but you really must take care of the colors.
It's not really great to edit a jpeg, but I hope you'll see what I mean.
In this photo I also cropped top/bottom and added some more space on the right (clone tool), but that's just my idea.
Success!
Thank you, yes you are right, I should have checked my WB etc. The mixed lighting makes it tricky, but I will correct them in the next couple of days.

So to continue with the rest of the Gorilla group, the boss, and another female still nursing a young one.
_DR11306.jpg

_DR11300.jpg

_DR11170.jpg

_DR11195.jpg

Most reactions

Back