Zoo photos - Suggestions/quesiton

mikaakim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im going to the zoo tomorrow. I have only had my camera for a couple of days and only took only 33 photos so far.

Could anyone offer any good advice for getting some good shots at the zoo? possible setting suggestions?

Also, I have a question: I am realy curious how you deal with the bars? Is there a way to make the bars somewhat disapear? so the photo seems to come from in front of the bars rather behind it?

Thanks

Fencing is not difficult, bars are a bit more problematic. Use the widest aperture you can, get as close to the fence as you can, and don't use a flash. If it's a wire fence it won't show up. Bars might show up as a hazy area across the shot but they shouldn't be very distinct.

Thanks Craig, I apprciate your guidance on this!

Cant wait to get some shots tomorrow!!

What you do with the bars depends on what you're trying to convey. If you wanted to show that the animals are out of their natural habitat you would want the bars to show in the images.

What you do with the bars depends on what you're trying to convey. If you wanted to show that the animals are out of their natural habitat you would want the bars to show in the images.

So if i wanted to show the animal in capitivity I would want a higher apature in order to bring both foreground and background in focus?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back