Zoo

rusty9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took my new D5000 to the zoo today and had some fun. Today i was just trying out the camera and testing it...so not a lot of true photographs. Also there's a fence in a lot of them; i couldn't stick the lens through the fence because there was a small fence separating the chain link fence :(
DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

my favorite:
DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

If you could crop #5 down to just the baby monkey and not lose resolution, that could be a cute picture. Unfortunately the mother's "butt-roids" aren't particularly pleasing to look at. :lol:

#11 appeals to me for some reason. I must be the positioning of the baby giraffe and the expression on its face.

If you can get closer to the bars, you may be able to zoom between them. Or you can use a telephoto and set the aperture as low as possible, which can help as well. I got a good pic of a jaguar like that (similar to your tiger but the tiger is too close for this to work). What mode are you using (AV, TV, M)? If you look over your pictures you will find that the ones taken in shade have more consistency to the exposure (like your monkey picture).

It can be really frustrating trying to get good pics at the zoo with the fences and lack of shady places for the animals to lie. I can't wait for a cloudy day to go to the zoo. The conditions always seem to be great for pics on days I can't make it. The zoo is a lot of fun for practicing your photo skills.

Most reactions

Back