zoom lens help

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All!

I'm in the market for a canon zoom lens. i'm looking for a quality zoom lens prob around $200-$300.

Lens I was looking at:

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens

suggestions please!

Its going to be hard pressed to get a good telephoto lens for that price. If all youre looking for is a zoom and not needing to be fast and far, there are many. But if you want sub 100mm to 200+mm and a fast lens, youre probably not going to find one for under $300.

JMO.
Mark

Its going to be hard pressed to get a good telephoto lens for that price. If all youre looking for is a zoom and not needing to be fast and far, there are many. But if you want sub 100mm to 200+mm and a fast lens, youre probably not going to find one for under $300.

JMO.
Mark

i mean i don't need a professional l lens yet....still beginner..so a beginner zoom lens will jus work fine
think the one listed above wud b good?

Look into the sigma telephoto lens, 120-300mm one runs for 200ish on amazon

Im fairly certain sigma makes a 18-200mm zoom also. Id save to get that. The one listed would work great and has IS, though. Either would work..but the 18-200 would eliminate your need for the smaller lens if you were looking for a walk around lens (but no IS.) Its up to you, ultimately.

Mark

Sorry the one i was talking about is a sigma 70-300mm APO

wat len wud b better: the sigma 70-300mm or canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens

differences?

thanks!

Major brand is usually better as rule of thumb. I dont shoot canon, so I dont know. But for future use, can you please type with half proper english? 'wat len wud b' is not acceptable :er:

Sorry, thats just one of my major pet peeves. ;) Nothing personal:hug::

Mark

i have an xs as well and i have a 75-300m f/4-5.6 and i like it alot. and i got it brand new for 100 dollars.

Major brand is usually better as rule of thumb. I dont shoot canon, so I dont know. But for future use, can you please type with half proper english? 'wat len wud b' is not acceptable :er:

Sorry, thats just one of my major pet peeves. ;) Nothing personal:hug::

Mark

Ha. Ya sorry I was just lazy. I'll type more proper. I'm leaning in buying the
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens

good choice?

thanks!:D

I've looked through these reviews more than once.
LINK

I do not own that lens. But from what I read it is pretty decent for the price. However, I do not like lens that has plastic mount. But that's just me :)

As for optical quality wise, it is pretty good. At least for the price.

Your camera can mount EF or EF-S lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back