Zoom Olympus EPL8

Aussie newby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I have recently purchased the above camera as a first step on from my phone camera.
I have been using the AF in touchscreen operation but whenever I take a photo that has been adequately zoomed in size with the touchscreen then I have pressed the shutter and taken photo reverts to unzoomed size .
Cannot work out what I am doing wrong.
Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
Thanks

Hi,

I have recently purchased the above camera as a first step on from my phone camera.
I have been using the AF in touchscreen operation but whenever I take a photo that has been adequately zoomed in size with the touchscreen then I have pressed the shutter and taken photo reverts to unzoomed size .
Thanks
Hey dunno why this post has been overlooked, but I'll have a stab at helping you. I know nothing about the camera, but I did a quick google search and found these:

6 tips for using the Olympus PEN E-PL8 -
Links are safe...

Failing that have you looked through the manual that came with it?

Hi,

Thanks

My guess is you are magnifying the image, for focusing purposes, not zooming in. There is no digital zoom. You need a zoom lens. There might be a function on your camera "2x Digital Converter" that will give you 2x the range but it is basically an in camera crop and only effect the JPG and not raw files.

Most reactions

Back