TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
405799_309702439077858_258980750816694_810721_668252267_n.jpg

Difficult to make look nice. Good job

I'd say zooming the lens while the shutter is open.

You think? just based on the symmetry I figure PS, but I guess the zoom is going to be straight forward as well. I'd be interested to know which method was used. OP? lol

You think? just based on the symmetry I figure PS, but I guess the zoom is going to be straight forward as well. I'd be interested to know which method was used. OP? lol

Digital images can be easily cropped. If the exif data could be accessed, it would quickly answer the question.

Digital images can be easily cropped. If the exif data could be accessed, it would quickly answer the question.

This is very true :D Not really arguing the point, but I'm curious now lol

The fact that the EXIF is not there leads towards an Photoshop edited image. Actually, now that I give it a second look, it is most certainly done in post processing.

Now I'm not impressed.

The fact that the EXIF is not there leads towards an Photoshop edited image. Actually, now that I give it a second look, it is most certainly done in post processing.

Now I'm not impressed.

Just curious how are you so sure?

I tried doing this with a train a few days ago, but didn't get the results I was hoping for. It is pretty hard to do it well I think.

Great sense of speed. I tried this a few times at the Hungarian grand prix last year and my results were spotty at best. Nice job!

Now I'm not impressed.

Just curious how are you so sure?

I tried doing this with a train a few days ago, but didn't get the results I was hoping for. It is pretty hard to do it well I think.

If he's doing what I think he's doing (adjusting the focal length with the shutter open), then he couldn't have possibly created these exact results. The giveaway is the snow falling in front of the train. All of the snow that isn't in front of the train is blurry, yet the snow flakes in front of the train are in focus, suggesting that those particular snowflakes are moving in the same direction and speed as the train, since that is the only way that they would be in focus if he was zooming out as the train moved towards him.

Now I'm not impressed.

Not all photo hosting sites preserve exif data.

If he's doing what I think he's doing (adjusting the focal length with the shutter open), then he couldn't have possibly created these exact results. The giveaway is the snow falling in front of the train. All of the snow that isn't in front of the train is blurry, yet the snow flakes in front of the train are in focus, suggesting that those particular snowflakes are moving in the same direction and speed as the train, since that is the only way that they would be in focus if he was zooming out as the train moved towards him.

Yet........ if the train is moving, the front of it is sharp as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back