Zoomable portrait lens

gsxturbo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a 35mm 1.8 lens that came with my D7000 camera but it's not going to work with what I need. I do a lot of dance and karate portraits in a studio and I need something super sharp with a nice zoom. Nothing too crazy. What's a good recommendation?

Your 35 1.8 is a fantastic DX lens. What focal length are you most looking for? What's your budget? "Super sharp" and "nice zoom lens" usually don't hang out with "Nothing too crazy", just to warn you...

gsxturbo said:
I have a 35mm 1.8 lens that came with my D7000 camera but it's not going to work with what I need. I do a lot of dance and karate portraits in a studio and I need something super sharp with a nice zoom. Nothing too crazy. What's a good recommendation?

70-200/2.8 VR II, or 24-70/2.8 or 17-55/2.8.

Pretty much your only options. I suppose an 80-200/2.8 will cut the mustard.

Haha the kind of studio we are in is HUGE and are taking photos of sometimes 40-50 people at one time so it's difficult to work in such a huge area without the help of a zoom. The current camera is a very very old school 8mp non dslr camera with I believe is a 27-200 zoom.

Haha the kind of studio we are in is HUGE and are taking photos of sometimes 40-50 people at one time so it's difficult to work in such a huge area without the help of a zoom. The current camera is a very very old school 8mp non dslr camera with I believe is a 27-200 zoom.

sounds like time for an update...

Ya no kidding, the theory is what isn't broke don't fit it.

Most reactions

Back