What's new

Zumba for the Cure

JAC526

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
1,329
Reaction score
237
Location
Cincinnati OH
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I shot my Mom's Zumba for the Cure event tonight. First off, wow is event shooting hard. I learned some lessons.

1st the rental for the 70-200 2.8 totally paid off. The f4 would of been useless.

2nd I learned that when the lighting sucks you just have to jack the ISO. I was worried about noise when I should of been worried about sharpness. It seems so much easier to deal with noise in post then sharpness. I had to toss a lot of shots b/c they just aren't sharp. So overall I'm not too happy about that. But you live and learn. Next time I'll do it differently.

Here are a few of the shots I've retouched. I took about 500 images in the span of 2 hours so I got a lot to go through.


untitled-7027 by JChick526, on Flickr

I like this shot the most I think. Good action and decent technical quality.


untitled-6760 by JChick526, on Flickr

This lady jammed all night and I though she was really expressive.


untitled-6751 by JChick526, on Flickr

This lady was crazy.


IMG_6853 by JChick526, on Flickr

This lady was super nice.

As always thanks for looking.

Joe

P.S. Thank god I did this for free. Whew I suck.
 
Hey Joe, I think you did a great job. I can't really find any flaws in what you presented here.
 
Hey Joe, I think you did a great job. I can't really find any flaws in what you presented here.


Really? Thanks, maybe I looked at them for too long.
 
Diggin' the composition on all of these...DoF too. Curious about the hue of the skin on #3 (crazy lady)...probably just the combination of flourescent lighting above and the reflection off the floor below...she just looks a touch green to me somehow. I'm probably just crazy myself, though. Great shots!
 
Diggin' the composition on all of these...DoF too. Curious about the hue of the skin on #3 (crazy lady)...probably just the combination of flourescent lighting above and the reflection off the floor below...she just looks a touch green to me somehow. I'm probably just crazy myself, though. Great shots!


No I think you are right. She does look a little funny. Going to have to mess with it some more.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom