100% beginner!

You can purchase cameras with "kit" lenses although they are not that great (from what I've heard) but will do the job and help you get started. Then once you master the "lingo" and figure out f-stop/aperture/DOF and all that.. then you can look into purchasing other lenses.

What sort(s) of photography do you think you might be interested in?

Everything except nude portraits, haha. I just use what doesn't come out terribly. That's usually nature shots, but I'm not interested in one particular style. I just like to be different, I guess.

Everything except nude portraits, haha. I just use what doesn't come out terribly. That's usually nature shots, but I'm not interested in one particular style. I just like to be different, I guess.

Nature as in landscape?

Wildlife?

What else?

Moar details plzkthx, this really makes a difference in what lenses you need.

So, I buy a DSLR camera, and the lenses are like mini-upgrades? If so, that's perfect. I've been through 3 digital cameras this year, because I end up wanting bigger and better.

Like reg said, this is the important bit!

Newegg is a nice site.

If it says "Body", then there is no lens.

So, I buy a DSLR camera, and the lenses are like mini-upgrades? If so, that's perfect. I've been through 3 digital cameras this year, because I end up wanting bigger and better.

Sort of; think of it as having a set of tools - that new lens is like getting a new wrench; it allows you to do something you couldn't be for, or allows you to do something better than you could before.

Oh, sorry. Um, macro nature. Bug, flowers, etc. I LOVE LOVE LOVE macro photos.

They're a lot of fun; you'll wind up spending some serious $$ if you get really into it, but you can get started cheaply... what is the budget anyway?

Most reactions

Back