1972 Chevelle

Katziceblueyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Its Like Pulling teeth to get him to pull it outta the garage. So I have snap photos quick. What do ya think?

Video002.jpg

Video006.jpg

Video029.jpg

Video030.jpg

Video013.jpg

Thank you

I think its My Fav Too and I like the last one too

While I agree they do look more like snapshots, I think the 3rd and last pics have the least amount of 'snapshotiness' about them.. the house in the background and "regular" point of view is what's making them more snapshot-like. Some nice depth of field with a wide angle lens, clean background could do wonders.

With that said, it's a nice ride..

You mean like these? http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110986

If you don't like what you see, either provide constructive criticism or ignore the thread. Comments like "theyre just snapshots" make people not want to post their pics.

Haha yeah. I don't mind if people post a harsh comment like "they're snapshots" as long as they tell the OP how they can improve, or why they are just snapshots.

Katz, your shots are well exposed and everything, but IronSpeed is right saying they're boring. You need to try to get that car in better settings, like on a beach during sunset (ie). Since you can't change that now, you can still photoshop one of these pics to make them more interesting, using the unsharp mask or whatever. (still that will only get you so far)

Just keep shootin. :biggrin:

Katz,
being a car nut, the first things I noticed is the hood is popped in the first 2 pictures. I have a soft spot for 72 SS's, so Definatly this car has alot of photo potential... but I dont think thisis the best setting for the car. Its really hard to find that perfect spot to take a picture of your own car though. I've only found a handfull of "perfect spots" to take pictures of my mustang... and most of them involved a sunset in the background.

I think the last picture zoomed out so you can see more of the front of the car and more of the top, on a solid surface would be the best of the lot. I too have a gravel driveway, and its just so effin tough to get a nice picture of my car infront of my house on our gravel driveway.

Keep Shooting though, maybe talk hubby into a sunday drive. with gas 3 bucks a gallon, good luck though :confused:

once again, Nice car.

I know they are just Snapshots as I said in the Original post. With the weather being like it is I cannot get him to take it to far from the garage.
And I do have the perfect spot for the shoot but it requires the car to be put in the back yard by the field and it is just too muddy right now. I had posted these to show what I had potential of when I do get to do the right shots for it and I also wanted some suggestions on how to position the car, camera and such to get the perfect shot.

Now To everyone else thank you for the comments and helpful Ideas! I appreciate and have noted all of them and Ya'll just look out when Summer gets here and I can gets some really good shots of this car!

Brian The Hood Stays Popped on the Chevelle when It is in the Garage! Dont know why but Hubby likes it that way. He pulls it in there and Pops the hood and Locks it Up and Makes sure it is secure for the night! LOL
and as far as Gas Goes Huh Yea Right Gas prices plus he has a 454 in it Id never make it to the lake or the park without spending a small fortune!! LOL

Nice looking car. I do agree though, they have somewhat of a snapshot feel. My advice would be, next time you're out and about getting groceries or running errands, keep your eye out for a parking lot or somewhere with an interesting building where you could pull up that would give you a nice background, that way you can plan your shot.

The house and the background are distracting/detracting. If you could get a nice, simple, solid-colored wall to pull it up to w/no doors, garages or trees, etc. I think it would improve the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back