24-70mm f/2.8, Yeah Baby!!! (but there's a catch...dammit...)

Mike, I have absolutely no will power. None. But I did stop smoking. Haven't had a cigarette in 18 years. It's all about really wanting to stop. I did, so I did.

My problem is long hours at work, too much WINE ( :drunk::drunk: ), eating late and not getting any exercise.

It's so hard to get out of bed in the morning to exercise...

Do you have to keep the weight off? And if you don't, do you have to take the lens back?

My father in law has been a smoker for decades. He's tried many times to stop (with a lot of pestering/encouragement from family/wife etc.).
One time, he quite for a few weeks, and as a reward, bought himself a new tool box/cabinet.
Well, he's back smoking and still has the tool box. :er:

No discussion about keeping the weight off. My brother dropped 65 lbs in 6 months by eliminating soft drinks and alcohol from his diet and cutting his portions in 1/2.

Do you have a 1 hour lunch break?
Do cardio at lunch 45 min walking
CLEAN UP YOUR DIET

=Pretty good deal

CLEAN UP YOUR DIET

=Pretty good deal

My office is right next to the White House. I used to walk 4 miles per day on the National Mall every day at lunch. Took me 1 hour 20 minutes. But I never lost the weight. I gotta do more like cutting back on portion sizes too.

You should start a thread to track your progress. It might inspire others to loose weight and it might help you to keep motivated. Maybe try P90X, I've known a few people who said it worked great for them.

I'm terribly out of shape. With my new twins, I don't think I've slept through the night since before they were born (hard to sleep with a hugely pregnant wife as well) And with all the chaos of kids, teaching photography a couple times a week, and a few photography jobs here and there...I feel like I have no time or energy left for exercise or even healthier eating. We've been on and off several diet plans, and it does help, but it costs so much to keep up with them....and when there are no healthy options in the house, the bad habits come creeping back.

If the nikon version is as heavy as the canon, you will lose 30 lbs quick carrying that darn thing.

CLEAN UP YOUR DIET

=Pretty good deal
If I'm lucky I get a 1/2 hour break, most of the time I get called on the phone, called to the office, or what ever. I'm on my feet almost 8 hours per day, some days more. I run a CVS drug store. Need I say more.

If the nikon version is as heavy as the canon, you will lose 30 lbs quick carrying that darn thing.

I've read that it's pretty heavy but for indoor portraits in limited space, can you think of a better lens?

Come on man! I get up at 4AM 4 days a week to get a 5AM workout in. My commute to the office is about 75km EACH WAY in tons of traffic. Our weather is crap 8 months out of the year. I have a young girl i need to pick up every night at daycare, feed her, bath her and play with her all before my wife even gets home from work. It's really not about the excuses you made but more about the fact that you don't want to sacrifice. Now get off your ass and get stuff done!

To add, how would your wife react if you told her she could get something if SHE lost 30 pounds? How fast would you be kicked out of the house? I love that double standard.

You should start a thread to track your progress. It might inspire others to loose weight and it might help you to keep motivated. Maybe try P90X, I've known a few people who said it worked great for them.

I'm terribly out of shape. With my new twins, I don't think I've slept through the night since before they were born (hard to sleep with a hugely pregnant wife as well) And with all the chaos of kids, teaching photography a couple times a week, and a few photography jobs here and there...I feel like I have no time or energy left for exercise or even healthier eating. We've been on and off several diet plans, and it does help, but it costs so much to keep up with them....and when there are no healthy options in the house, the bad habits come creeping back.

+1 and have a pic of the new lens at the very end!

CLEAN UP YOUR DIET

=Pretty good deal
If I'm lucky I get a 1/2 hour break, most of the time I get called on the phone, called to the office, or what ever. I'm on my feet almost 8 hours per day, some days more. I run a CVS drug store. Need I say more.

Joel, I completely understand about work commitments- but where there is a will, there is a way.
Start by CLEANING UP YOUR DIET, for that, you have no excuse. You dont have to eat packaged and fast foods.
That is a start. Start by cutting out processed foods, eat chicken breast, fish and lean beef for protien, and veggies (yes small portions of rice or potato too)

I know. I'm weak. Never had a weight problem till I stopped smoking. Love to eat. And yes, I eat a ton of crap. Will need to change sooner or later. Sooner is my choice, later is after my by annual physical. I'm already on enough meds.

I already have the lens, but I NEED to lose 30lbs too! I just like food TOO much!!!

I know. I'm weak. Never had a weight problem till I stopped smoking. Love to eat. And yes, I eat a ton of crap. Will need to change sooner or later. Sooner is my choice, later is after my by annual physical. I'm already on enough meds.

Joel, I speak from experience here. I was a competitive bodybuilder for many years. Obviously Im not training to compete any longer but I still eat good, train and do cardio along with 4 hrs commuting, work and family.

Most people think the word diet means (not eating), but contrary to popular belief "Diet" is a structured way of eating.
You can clean your diet and actually eat good portions and not feel deprived. It's the choices you make that are the key.
The only time involved is preparing your meals which honestly doesn't take any longer than preparing an "average american crap meal" or the time it takes to drive to the fast food joint and order. Cardio (excersize) can be walking with your wife and kids each evening or when your schedule allows.

PS: I already have that lens (Canon version)

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back