46 Gallon Bow-Front Aquarium

Oh man. I'm super excited for these pics. Love a good aquarium and it looks like you have the makings of an awesome tank here

Thanks! I'll be working hard at it for the foreseeable future.

Cheers!
Jake

Ha! I didn't know there were so many aquarium enthusiasts here on TPF. If you need a fish forum to hang in I really like this one: Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

So how about you come over and aquascape my 55 gallon cichlid tank. Those little beasts are re-decorating by themselves all the darn time. I can't keep anything in that tank where I want it.

Ha! I didn't know there were so many aquarium enthusiasts here on TPF. If you need a fish forum to hang in I really like this one: Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

So how about you come over and aquascape my 55 gallon cichlid tank. Those little beasts are re-decorating by themselves all the darn time. I can't keep anything in that tank where I want it.

That's why I stick with peaceful community tanks :)

I like big fish. I did have some Angel fish the size of my hand in with red eye tetras and that worked well. Then I moved 1500 miles and gave the fish to my brother. I started over with all Cichlids per my husband's request.

You have a nice setup. I can't wait to see more pics.

I like big fish. I did have some Angel fish the size of my hand in with red eye tetras and that worked well. Then I moved 1500 miles and gave the fish to my brother. I started over with all Cichlids per my husband's request.

You have a nice setup. I can't wait to see more pics.

Currently I have no significant other to help me determine what fish I get. [emoji16]

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had african cichlids in a 55 Gallon and what a war zone it was.After they established there territory I could not add a new fish to the aquarium. I tried a couple of times in complete darkness hoping the fish would blend in the crowd but nope they torn the new fish to pieces. If they where not killing each other they where shoveling rocks around.Each day I have bare glass on one side and a huge mound of rocks on the other. I had one that was totally mental trying to kill everything I had to remove him and gave him to the pet shop. I had almost all of these.african cichlids

Last edited:
I had african cichlids in a 55 Gallon and what a war zone it was.After they established there territory I could not add a new fish to the aquarium. I tried a couple of times in complete darkness hoping the fish would blend in the crowd but nope they torn the new fish to pieces. If they where not killing each other they where shoveling rocks around.Each day I have bare glass on one side and a huge mound of rocks on the other. I had one that was totally mental trying to kill everything I had to remove him and gave him to the pet shop. I had almost all of these.african cichlids

Doesn't sound*** enjoyable, honestly..

Last edited:
Yes very enjoyable.Going to the pet shop this week,going to look and see what cool tanks the have.

Yes very enjoyable.Going to the pet shop this week,going to look and see what cool tanks the have.

So you're going to start a tank?!

Thinking about it,thinking saltwater again.

Changed up the setup, yet again. I added more holes to the canister outflow pipes (to lessen the flow, as the tetras seemed to be fighting it hard), as well as angled them up to disrupt the surface, and removed the airstone as I didn't like the looks of it.

Aeration 1 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Aeration 2 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

the inside top of my aquarium looks like an algae farm with salt creep. Yours makes me feel the need to go scrub mine down.

the inside top of my aquarium looks like an algae farm with salt creep. Yours makes me feel the need to go scrub mine down.

Freshwater makes it a lot easier to keep clean :mrgreen:

it is freshwater. The salt creep is because we have a water softener I guess.... I certainly don't add salt.

Most reactions

Back