50s style: colour & BW versions - which do you like?

Definitely color and oversaturate slightly, somewhere between your original and what Efergoh did.

Thanks everyone! Crit and suggestions noted. I don't think I'll be doing selective color - not my style.

I vote for the original colour post. Love the styling on this one. Everything from the dress to the jukebox to the model to the floor tile. The photography is good. I am not sure about the high and wide angle approach. As a viewer it distances me from her. She seems untouchable, when all I want to do is ask her to dance. Certainly there are a million other shots. Maybe post a contact sheet.

Love & Bass

I vote for the original colour post. Love the styling on this one. Everything from the dress to the jukebox to the model to the floor tile. The photography is good. I am not sure about the high and wide angle approach. As a viewer it distances me from her. She seems untouchable, when all I want to do is ask her to dance. Certainly there are a million other shots. Maybe post a contact sheet.

Love & Bass

Thanks Craig. I do have a few others, but this is my personal favorite. I haven't posted the others except a couple at my Flickr site, which are still 'high and wide' as you put it.

Good crit though; I didn't think about that.

Color for sure. Great composition in the shot though, I really like it.

The colour edition really helps to set the theme. My problem with the B&W shot is that the contrast is flat to me on her dress and skin and doesn't fit with the theme as much. Bumping up the saturation works here.

Nice shot

Efergoh's "somewhere in the middle" subdued color looks eerily like many of the older color slides my father took - though the red seems to have shifted a bit as well as faded. Those bright red lipsticks are no longer as bright as they were originally.

I like the color version somewhere in between.

why not somewhere in the middle?

1b.jpg

This is what i was talking about in one of my posts! Id like to know how this coloring was done.

Most reactions

Back