5D MkII

I primarily use my 85L for shooting in studio. It takes stunning images that really are beautiful. Here's a shot I did today using my 5D2 and 85L.

1001209528_GnF8k-L.jpg

Larger: http://www.intempusphotography.com/photos/1001209528_GnF8k-X3.jpg

That's pretty much right out of camera (cropped tighter). The contrast and sharpness are outstanding.

But if you don't shoot in studio, the 85L can be quite limiting. It's slow focusing which really can be annoying. I don't take it out of the studio often, if ever. The 85 1.8 produces beautiful images too and is much faster focusing and is lighter. Couple that with the price and the 1.8 is a no brainer, unless you have a specific need for the 1.2L.

I feel the same way about the 50mm 1.2 vs. the 1.4. The 1.4 makes more sense for most people. The image quality between them really doesn't justify the cost in most cases.

Thats a nice watch Intempus. Is it yours? I thought about going with the Submariner but ended up going with the Daytona. Nice and clean.

Thats a nice watch Intempus. Is it yours? I thought about going with the Submariner but ended up going with the Daytona. Nice and clean.

Yeah, it's mine. It's a 14060M, I love the lack of a date and cyclops... Nice and clean as you mentioned.

The Daytona is beautiful, great choice.

Have you seen the Milgauss? I love the look... I might not be able to resist it. ;)

Yeah, it's mine. It's a 14060M, I love the lack of a date and cyclops... Nice and clean as you mentioned.

Have you seen the Milgauss? I love the look... I might not be able to resist it. ;)

Yeah I have... I kinda like the New Cellini line.....Def not your normal Rolex. I like to be different for sure... The Milgauss seems a little to plain to me. Just me though. I know many people like them just for the name. I prefer something that screams different... LOL then again a bright pink barbie watch would be different for sure! :)

Okay, listening to you guys & gal, I did more research, and have somewhat adjusted how I may pursue some lenses.

-35 f1.4L - maybe, I am also looking at the Zeis 35m f2.0 T* ZE Distagon. I am sitting on the fence between these two.

-TS-E 45m...Thinking more urban fragmentation type shooting, not necessarily whole buildings.

-85m 1.8 I read some impressive reviews both professional and users.

-135m2.0L -priced right and seems like a great lens. I would also like to use a 1.4 extender with this lens.

I am definitely selling the 70-300m 4.0-5.6...and at least one of the L zooms I own.

Yeah I have... I kinda like the New Cellini line.....Def not your normal Rolex. I like to be different for sure... The Milgauss seems a little to plain to me. Just me though. I know many people like them just for the name. I prefer something that screams different... LOL then again a bright pink barbie watch would be different for sure! :)
I like the simple look... and the classic styling of several of the Rolex models is something I've always admired. I like the Milgauss because of its simplicity (notice it too lacks a date). But being a hardcore diver for most of my adult life, the Sub has always been my favorite. :D

I've also bought quite a few Movado's and always get the museum face for the simple, clean look.

That's why they make so many different models, there's something to suck just about everyone in. ;)

I like the simple look... and the classic styling of several of the Rolex models is something I've always admired. I like the Milgauss because of its simplicity (notice it too lacks a date). But being a hardcore diver for most of my adult life, the Sub has always been my favorite. :D

I've also bought quite a few Movado's and always get the museum face for the simple, clean look.

That's why they make so many different models, there's something to suck just about everyone in. ;)

Sweet Action... It like a black hole... hehe oh so true

If you're selling the 16-35/2.8L definitely let me know! :D

You will get first crack at it if I decide to sell it. :thumbup:

I just have to warn you it is in outstanding condition. :mrgreen:

I just noticed the camera you are currently using. I would just like to say that the 10-22 is a great lens and a lot of fun to use at a fraction of the cost of the 16-35.

If you're selling the 16-35/2.8L definitely let me know! :D

You will get first crack at it if I decide to sell it. :thumbup:

I just have to warn you it is in outstanding condition. :mrgreen:

Outstanding? Hmm then I'll have to think about it.. :lol:

w00t i has dibz! yeah I've had that and the 10-22mm in my B&H.com Cart for almost two weeks now. I'd get 6mos no interest or payments there, whats your counter :lmao: let me know!

I just noticed the camera you are currently using. I would just like to say that the 10-22 is a great lens and a lot of fun to use at a fraction of the cost of the 16-35.

Yeah, I'll be using the 10-22mm for the real-estate shoots I've been booked for, at 200-250$ a pop that'll pay for itself and the 16-35L fairly soon (I thought it'd be like 5years until I owned an Lseries lens, so sometime in the next year is soon for me ^_^). From my portfolio (of my house >_<) and my first shoot she's hired me for 10 houses in September so, I have high hopes about the upcoming 6months working with her.

I will keep you in mind if you like.

I just want to reiterate, the 10-22 is currently my favorite lens. I use it for landscape and architectural photos, which is about 60% of my shooting. I even shot it during my first 'urban fragmentation shoot'
1. It is sharp on the 7D
2. It is crazy wide
3. the color is fantastic
4. it can be a creative lens
5. it is so light, I sometimes look to see if it did not fall of my camera
6. the AF is very fast and so quiet
7. there is very little distortion - of which LR 3 melts it away with the click of my mouse
8. there is no IS, but I have not found the need for it. I would say that less than 2% of the shots would have been better with IS
...other than that, it is okay ;)

I have not used the 16-35 in a while. I just want to see how it looks when I shoot with the 5DMii, which I just purchased.

I will keep you in mind if you like.

I just want to reiterate, the 10-22 is currently my favorite lens. I use it for landscape and architectural photos, which is about 60% of my shooting. I even shot it during my first 'urban fragmentation shoot'
>>>SNIP>>>
I have not used the 16-35 in a while. I just want to see how it looks when I shoot with the 5DMii, which I just purchased.

I have the sneaking suspicion that the 16-35-L will look quite close to the way your 10-22 looks on the 7D, only with better image quality on the 5D-II...

Oh sorry if my post was confusing, I'll have the 10-22mm in the next week and I'm using that lens to facilitate (financially) my purchasing the 16-35/2.8L, 70-200/2.8L, and lastly the 24-70/2.8L for use now and once I upgrade to the 5Dmk?, in 3-5years.

Yes please let me know if you do decide to sell it.

I have the sneaking suspicion that the 16-35-L will look quite close to the way your 10-22 looks on the 7D, only with better image quality on the 5D-II...

+1

That's why I approached my initial post kind of joking because once you use it on the 5D you won't be selling it :p

Most reactions

Back